S DJ vs Rockit ?

MaxHarryson

Hello

Lately Ive been thinking about getting a pair of proper monitors for my "studio"

But Im lost in this jungle and I need some advice.

What is the "better" monitor between S DJ 05 or KRK Rokit RP-8 ? Or are there any other monitors in the general price range (stretching up to about 1000 dollars. Thing are more expensive here in Sweden tough) that you would recommend ?

Im going to use them for mostly house music, and the room is medium sized, your average bedroom.

Thanks in advance !

For house music, and in a medium sized room, I'd suggest the rokits. The only problem I will warn you about is that if you ever plan on using them in a bigger room then the bass just sounds muddy instead of punchy. I have no idea why this happens, but it does.

But yeah rokits are becoming something of a standard in EDM music now, and I find them useful and reliable for all genres I produce (EDM, ambient music, metal etc, they're good for everything).

i got the sdj-08's and they sound pretty damn. good range, i do prefer them over the rokits, but rokits have gotten very popular so you may seem them in different work spaces. but the pioneers are on point in my opinion

Back