Royals (Remix) - Lorde (feat. Skoot Nasty)

Skoot Nasty

I didn't feel like any of the remixes to Lorde's "Royals" really sent the same message that she was trying to send, or really took advantage of the ridiculously badass beat that she used, so I made my own. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I had to upload it to youtube because of SoundCloud's copyright laws.

Seems like you should add a few very small elements behind your voice. Lorde's track works great because there's barely any elements, her voice is so powerful and striking there doesn't need to be much behind it. Your raps are beast and your voice sounds great, its just because there's no melody in your raps obviously, it gets a little boring, seems flat, almost like i'm just "waiting" for the hook. Above all, great stuff, just listen to your tracks over again and see if it feels boring, if so, spice it up a bit :)

Seems like you should add a few very small elements behind your voice. Lorde's track works great because there's barely any elements, her voice is so powerful and striking there doesn't need to be much behind it. Your raps are beast and your voice sounds great, its just because there's no melody in your raps obviously, it gets a little boring, seems flat, almost like i'm just "waiting" for the hook. Above all, great stuff, just listen to your tracks over again and see if it feels boring, if so, spice it up a bit :)

Thanks a lot for the listen and the feedback, I really appreciate it! I understand what you're saying about less elements in the verse, it makes a lot of sense, actually. Thanks for that! I'm glad that you're down with the raps, as well! I was hoping it all came across well. The voice, too, as I get a lot of mixed reviews on my voice. Thanks again!

really dope mixup. creative lyrics man u got it down there, REALLY FEELING THIS TRACK! nice work man its a clean mix too. keep grinding!

check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-ticket-mixed-mastered-100percent-f4f-464268/

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it! I'll check yours out, as well!

Cool Idea! Never would've thought that this track would have worked with a rap vocal. I like the concept, it is a cool idea! I feel like sonically, if you can match the tone of Lorde's vocal on your own vocal it would gel the whole track together better! Nice work man!

F4F -> https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback/method-man-inspired-beat-f4f-464274/

I agree with matching the vocal levels a little better. I have a ****ing terrible time trying to get the volumes right in Garageband. Thanks for the listen and the feedback, though, I really appreciate it! I'll check out your thread!

Also, check out my soundcloud if you guys don't mind!

The Nastiest Skooter's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

your flow is not bad still i'd just say improve your sound effects and mixing. but good work

when you can checkout my new video and drop feedback please Taylor Mace - December ft. Chrysie - YouTube

Yeah, mixing is something I'm still working at. I hardly ever use any sound effects, but I figured for the point I was trying to drive that normal sound effects used commonly in rap songs might help out. I really appreciate the listen, mate! I'll def check you out!

You're right Puffzul! Your voice reminds me Ice-T at 0.50! I like your song and your voice, I check your soundcloud right now!

You're right Puffzul! Your voice reminds me Ice-T at 0.50! I like your song and your voice, I check your soundcloud right now!

Thanks, man, I appreciate it! I'm definitely go more for the old-school vibe and sound, mixed with what I do (which I hope is different than old or new school hip-hop)! Keep an eye out, I'm gonna be dropping a project soon.

Back