Roland JV 1010 and Roland JV 1080

anything is worthy of hip hop and r&b and both modules are very common in hip hop and r&b from the 90s. I use the Roland XP 30 which is a keyboard version of the JV 1080. The 1010 just has less sounds its a lil older. If you can find one get a VX2080 those modules are the **** and came right before the fantom which has a lot of these sounds anyway.

Xabiton said:
anything is worthy of hip hop and r&b and both modules are very common in hip hop and r&b from the 90s. I use the Roland XP 30 which is a keyboard version of the JV 1080. The 1010 just has less sounds its a lil older. If you can find one get a VX2080 those modules are the **** and came right before the fantom which has a lot of these sounds anyway.

Wait. Is it XV 2080 or JV 2080?

The JV 1010 has the full sound set of the JV 1080 and the JV 2080 plus all the sounds from the Session wave expansion board.
The sound quality is only slightly less than that of the JV 1080 and the JV 1010 has only one slot for an expansion card (the JV 1080 has 4 and the JV 2080 has 8 ) to edit the sounds in the JV 1010 you have to do it via the free editing software.

The expansion cards are not hard to find and are usually quite cheap and considering that many of the sound sets from the older SR-JV series are now sold for the latest Roland synths as SRX expansion cards (they usualy bundel a bunch of SR-JV on one SRX card) you can have many of the same sounds.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
Xv 2080 the xvs surpassed the jvs

Thanks Xab but i cant find any info about the xv 2080 on the net.. its all jv 2080

hollandturbine said:
The JV 1010 has the full sound set of the JV 1080 and the JV 2080 plus all the sounds from the Session wave expansion board.
The sound quality is only slightly less than that of the JV 1080 and the JV 1010 has only one slot for an expansion card (the JV 1080 has 4 and the JV 2080 has 8 ) to edit the sounds in the JV 1010 you have to do it via the free editing software.

The expansion cards are not hard to find and are usually quite cheap and considering that many of the sound sets from the older SR-JV series are now sold for the latest Roland synths as SRX expansion cards (they usualy bundel a bunch of SR-JV on one SRX card) you can have many of the same sounds.

Alright thanks for the info on this man. Really helpful. Appreciate it. :bat:

Last edited:
Get the XV3080 it's 128 polyphony and blow it out with cards. the engine of the XV series are better. I have the 1080 but only use it for mono sounds within it and I have blown that out also. So I have lots of sounds. it takes 6 expasion slots, i think it's 4 XV cards and 2 JV cards it will take, i forgot the slot rate on that. but the XV engine is great.

Danoc where can someone still find jv cards at? I've been looking for the vintage keyboards card and can't find one for the life of me.

Xabiton said:
Danoc where can someone still find jv cards at? I've been looking for the vintage keyboards card and can't find one for the life of me.

Yo Xabiton there are lots of JV cards that are being sold here in the Philippines. Lol

Back