listen and discuss
by the way Thi'sl was really out there selling drugs and now has given that up
but this isn't about real vs. unreal
but about flow,beats,etc...
it's about how is better to you

I haven't heard a Rick Ross Song so this is a first for me

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Thi'sl sounds like a rapper named Pill who used to be with Maybach music.

I think Rick Ross had the better overall songs. Thi'sl's stuff sounded more like demo records IMO. His music isn't bad, it's just missing a professional "polish"(not just judging from the vid, have heard songs from him thru other outlets).

I think Thi'sl has the potential to make authentic christian hip hop, he just needs to hone his craft a little more IMO. He sounds too much like he's riding the fence. If he can find a way to make his message clearer and put a certain confidence to what he does...he could be a great MC.

I'm not a big fan of christian hip hop though. Kanye's "Jesus Walks" seemed to be more "authentic" and true to the sound of finalized music than anything I've ever heard from any christian rapper. I just wish christian rappers could capture that element they're missing. It's not the vulgarity, "Jesus walks" IMO could have done without the couple curse words that were in it. Another example would be Malice's verse on "Freedom" by the Clipse. It 's like once you label yourself a "christian rapper" you put some "filter from realism outside of the church" on your music.

Example... Tyler Perry... he's learned to turn the filter off, get real, and still give his message. You can still get the Madeas and Browns if that's what you're into, but "Family that Preys", "Why Did I Get Married", "For Colored Girls" and the "Temptation" movies have that edge that just makes them GOOD MOVIES...not just GOOD CHRISTIAN MOVIES.

I'd like to see christian rappers lose that filter without losing their message. It's not the fact they don't curse, it isn't thier message, it's that I don't get the idea they're as adament about their lifestyle as they are about being politically correct because of who's watching while a rapper talking about anything else doesn't care about stepping on toes...until they lose endorsements.

I speak on this with you alot Tone, because I think artists could go alot further in Christian hip hop if they find that thing I'm speaking on. Mary Mary had it, but they were RnB, so i guess it was still a different "it".

Wish I could explain better. But Thi'sl gives me the impression that once he can separate his past from his main focus, he could get it. It's more to him than just finding god and what he used to be. He's be more interesting focusing on what he is right now and how he deals with real life situations daily. Not what he once did and how he was delivered over and over again with the occasional 'we partying, but for god" cliche' dance anthem.

I'm rooting for dude though.

---------- Post added 08-14-2013 at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-13-2013 at 11:55 AM ----------

EDIT: Have to give credit where it's due. After hearing LeCrae - Tomorrow...The prior statement I made is no longer true.

Last edited:
Back