Rick Ross Responds To LV Controversey!

j.troup

OMG...I'm contributing to the b!tchery... :(

AllHipHop.com said:
Florida rap star Rick Ross is hitting back at reports that the Louis Vuitton’s claims that the sunglasses he wore on the cover were fake by producing the designer.

According to Ross, the sunglasses worn on the cover of the May 2009 issue of XXL Magazine were customized with solid gold accents by Jacob Bernstein, AKA “The Sunglasses Pimp.”

"It’s the same thing as buying a Rolls Royce and having it tricked out; just because the product has been customized by me doesn’t take away from the fact that the frames are authentic Louis Vuitton Millionaires," Bernstein told AllHipHop.com.

Ross appears on the cover of the May 2009 issue of XXL Magazine wearing a pair of Louis Vuitton - like frames.

Controversy erupted yesterday (May 11), when a representative for Louis Vuitton issued a statement disassociating itself with XXL Magazine and Rick Ross over the glasses.

“We were dismayed to see the cover of the May 2009 issue of XXL Magazine, which features a photo of Rick Ross wearing a pair of sunglasses prominently featuring counterfeit Louis Vuitton trademarks,” stated Louis Vuitton Malletier Michael D. Pantalony. “Because the photo has generated considerable confusion among your readers and Louis Vuitton customers among others, we feel it is important to clarify several points.”

“The first is that the sunglasses Mr. Ross is wearing were not made by Louis Vuitton, and in fact, are counterfeit,” Pantalony clarified. “Louis Vuitton did not grant permission to Mr. Ross or to whoever did make the sunglasses to use our trademarks. The second is that no affiliation, sponsorship or association exists between Rick Ross or XXL and Louis Vuitton. The third is that counterfeiting is illegal.”

Bernstein, who was responsible for Ross’ customized shades, is well known in the world of fashion via his Los Angeles - based business, Jack’s Eyewear.

Bernstein has customized sunglasses for a number of actors and entertainers, including Jay-Z, Kanye West, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Sharon Stone, Fergie, Gwen Stefani, Brad Pitt, Usher and numerous others.

Well. That's that.

The only thing that's left right now is a statement from bernstein that the glasses weren't customized by him.

man f*ck raawse im done with reading posts on this guy.........
I'm boycotting this nicca from now on

Dude still said they not LV shades.

No...he said they are CUSTOMIZED LV Shades.

Just like if you take a Bentley, you chop the top off, you rip the guts out, you put some new rims and tires on it, and paint it.

It's still a Bentley.

Just like if you take some LV Shades, put some gold accents on em, and put the LV logo in the middle.

It might not be the exact original LV design, but it's still LV.

But they're not real LV, because real LV shades can't fit his head.
They don't make his size.

No...he said they are CUSTOMIZED LV Shades.

Just like if you take a Bentley, you chop the top off, you rip the guts out, you put some new rims and tires on it, and paint it.

It's still a Bentley.

Just like if you take some LV Shades, put some gold accents on em, and put the LV logo in the middle.

It might not be the exact original LV design, but it's still LV.
Look in tha other thread, tha dude posted those actual shades, tha real ones and you can tell tha ones he has is biting tha real ones.

LMAO "shades can't fit his head".. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

lol seriously

I'm not teasing dude about his size, but he's too big to fit into any designer clothes.
Unless he had the frames cut/stretched and modified to suit him, I highly doubt they are authentic.

These are the real shades:

picture-33.jpg

Louis Vuitton Evidence- $675

EDIT: These are the updated version of what Troup posted, the Millionaire.

Last edited:
Look in tha other thread, tha dude posted those actual shades, tha real ones and you can tell tha ones he has is biting tha real ones.

No...THESE are the real ones...

lv_pharrel_nigo_glasses_3.jpg

louis-vuitton-millionaire-sunglasses.jpg

And here are the ones Ross has on..

rick_ross_may_xxl_hotlinkedfromprohiphop.jpg

Ross said he had the frames customized with solid gold accents. So he replaced the thin gold strips of the original LV design, with SOLID gold accents.

But they're not real LV, because real LV shades can't fit his head.
They don't make his size.

lmbao!!!!! those ross fat jokes never get old.

even if they were "pimped out" he's still the most fraudulent rapper......wait, maybe not, but he sure tries the hardest lol

I dunno, maybe he's telling the truth. But I think they'd be able to identify their product. Even if it's been "pimped."

I could care less if dude's glasses are fake or not. The real question is if his boobs are real or fake.

lmbao!!!!! those ross fat jokes never get old.

even if they were "pimped out" he's still the most fraudulent rapper......wait, maybe not, but he sure tries the hardest lol

Why does everyone think I'm joking about his weight lol

You wonder why you never see Ricky Rawse lookin ass boys in designer label catalogues?
Because they don't make big sizes.

^^^He can custom order, but he just fakes it cause he's Rick Ross and he's used to the days no one would question him for it, but now he's everywhere so designers see him in the fake sh*t. Ross isn't the only one, but to name rappers who wear fake sh*t would be distasteful being that there's SO MANY.

These glasses could have very well been customized tho, no different than getting your AF-1s customized by someone in some crazy color or with a pattern on them. They still were originally AF-1s. But Ross pretends so much even if they are real, no one will believe him.

^^^He can custom order, but he just fakes it cause he's Rick Ross and he's used to the days no one would question him for it, but now he's everywhere so designers see him in the fake sh*t. Ross isn't the only one, but to name rappers who wear fake sh*t would be distasteful being that there's SO MANY.

These glasses could have very well been customized tho, no different than getting your AF-1s customized by someone in some crazy color or with a pattern on them. They still were originally AF-1s. But Ross pretends so much even if they are real, no one will believe him.

I'm just giving homie the benefit of the doubt. I'd hate to see him faking like that...I mean REALLY faking.

When people are rapping about moving bricks, I know that's not how they are actually living RIGHT NOW. That's either past, or fantasy. I'm okay with that, because I know that they aren't claiming that's what they are doing RIGHT NOW.

But when people start bragging about money, they are actually claiming that is their REAL life, and that's what they are doing RIGHT NOW...IN REAL LIFE. And if you're FAKING that, there's no excuse. NONE.

I don't brag about sh*t I don't got. I drive a Nissan Armada. I dont' talk about whipping Bentley's. I got a Honda CBR 600...I don't talk about "zoom on my yamaha, chromed out 1100". I dont' talk about living in mansions, cuz my house is about 2200 sq feet. HARDLY a mansion.

If you're LYING about HAVING things you don't have, then you're a fake.

I hope for his sake that he's not lying.

Back