Rick Ross feat. Drake - Made Men Remix (F4F100)

Love how you flipped this, This track is dope AF, Im a fan of the original also. The soft synth really brings it out. From a mixing stand point the i's are harsh. I would def recommend softening up those high hats with eq and maybe some reverb. When the basssline kicked in the track got even better. I can def hear the live instrumentation influence through your drum work. Great job......Check me out....https://www.futureproducers.com/for...o-flava-just-recorded-earlier-f4f-$ap-490133/

Nice job with this one. Cool little joint ya got goin on here. Mix wise, only small critiques I have is that that open hat and the kick/bass is are little loud for my taste. Also, I think the little hand claps should be a little higher. Not to say that you have use this template, but generally when I mix, leveling wise, I have the kick at about -3 db, the main clap/snare at about -6 db (if I have a backing snare I'll set it about -7 or -8) and then the HH at around -9 or -10 db. Again, these are just kinda ballpark numbers.. obvious each mix is going to vary. And everyone has different tastes too, so I'm definitely not tryna tell you how to you should mix your shit lol. Regardless, it's a job well done... Keep up the good work my man.

I def appreciate the pointers - I'm no expert by any means, so any tips I can get will be appreciated fam!

i dont really listen to rickross, so i listened to the original and then this, and id say that this song is almost just as good, had a friend listen to it who loves rick ross and he said buy it if rick ross released an album of remixes

I appreciate the compliment!

This sounds dope, but I agree that it would probably sound better without the vocals. 3.15 sounds really dope though even with the vocals :) The melody is awesome man.

Last edited:
The first thing that stands out is that the mix is real tight and that kick hits real hard. This is a unique take on the song, I think it's cool, but I think it's a bit empty. I'd like to hear some more mid-range instruments. That being said, your sound selection is cool and as I said the mix is real nice in my phones. Keep it up! CHeck out my latest when you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rappity-rap-lv-aura-all-feed-returned-489398/

Really cool sounds here. I like the drums a lot. The track is nice and busy. I think the vocals could be a little louder in the mix. Other than that, nice remix. Thank you for the feed earlier!

This is nice, smooth, and hard! I can definitely dig it. Good job on the remix. Make me wanna remix something now lol.

Here's some of my work:
[video]www.youtube.com/youtilitykid[/video]

I really don't like both of those artists but your remix added a flare to it which made it much more bearable. Good work man, your mix is clean and for what it is I think you did a good job. Thanks for the feedback.

Yo, this Beat hot cuz!!!:victory: That Drum work is dope. I like how them 808s dancin on the beat and the change ups on this song is hype. This shit is 100% and even though the vocals do sound kinda off its not messin with my vibe. No complaints here!

thanks for checking out my "stay blessed amanda" beat. I also just followed you on SC. This shit fire man. great remix. like ross said...."YOU raised the bar" on the forum. im digging this beat man. This shit crazy tough :cheers:

we gotta collab homie. message me on soundcloud

also check out this thread if you havent already
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ill-gain-16k-plays-like-my-other-beat-485106/

Thanks for the feedback and I'll check my SC messages - I'm def down to collab with you!

The mix isnt that bad, could be a little better with clarity towards the drums. For some reason, i'm not really a huge fan of the sine you used that carries the beat, no disrespect, but when the chorus hits that super fresh. It seems like a lot of people like it how it is so rock it mayne!

Back