"Requiem" - ambient meets MOOG lead - hommage to Bob MOOG

*chanting from background* "trance!...trance!...trance!...trance!...trance!...

Wow...I really loved the ambient feel of this track, the whole experience of it was very soothing and the composition of it is superb. The track is perfect and there really are no bad aspects of it. Great job :cheers:

This is probably my favourite of the three from THM.

I love the rolling feel of this track. The percussiv elements add that Jarre feel to it and the simple, yet effective, chord changes are infectious.

The solo is very reminiscent of ELP days, but there are a few errors in it and it is a little repetitive in design.

This takes nothing away from the overall feel and delivery of the track.

Kick P, kick.

awesome track mate, cosign everything that has been said already,

You just inspired me to get off the dam internet and get back in the studio,

thanks for putting that out,

Thanks dude !! :cheers:
And have fun - music is great, making music still greater... Cheers.

wow. over a year of reading sage posts from this mysterious THM character and i finally get to hear one of his tracks....

very very impressive, also pretty engaging. really, really cool soundscapes. definitely sounds like a little brian eno influence in there with how you got those textures together.

usually when i hear peoples tracks on track reviews, i like to offer some helpful advice. but right now im kind of at a loss for words...

what an old thread lol....
i don't care i'm droppin my FB

i love it, the choir parts add such depth. i would like just a little more progression in the drum programing and maybe bringin them out an in a few times more to really lose ya in the ambience.

solo is dope

when out in DE all ya gonna hear is "hey you get props over here!"

keep it up.

15 years you say?

You've got some pretty weak drums
and a bunch of atmo-pads going
together.

Nothing cohesive or especially musical.

This is a good example for all the
kiddies out there with racks and
racks of gear.

It takes more than just gear to
make music.
You have to have a vision.

This is just wanking on a moog.

GW

Well thanks for your visionary comment. I hope for you that you don't think it hurts me - I know you're an ex-member of Tangerine Dream, right ?
:big grin:

Guitarwiz said:
15 years you say?

You've got some pretty weak drums
together.

Nothing cohesive or especially musical.

This is a good example for all the
racks of gear.

It takes more than just gear to
make music.
You have to have a vision.

This is just wanking on a moog.

GW

Them's fightin words...

SONGFIGHT! :)

THM said:
Well thanks for your visionary comment. I hope for you that you don't think it hurts me - I know you're an ex-member of Tangerine Dream, right ?
:big grin:

...and from a self confessed "guitarwiz" as well...you must be proud as punch thm!!!

wow what a fundementaly constructive statment... he gave so much insight... hope to one day have enough knowledge to make a statment like
"You've got some pretty weak drums
together.

Nothing cohesive or especially musical."

or maybe the ever involving comment of
"This is a good example for all the
racks of gear"

normaly i don't ever post back on idiots who flame for no damn reason. but this guy sucks just my 2 cents.
oh and if i'm gettin in on this let me just say. gitbox wiz your type should die a firey death. you help no one by breathing air. do us all a favor, leave creativity up to those who actually use it for humanities good.

oh and could you please spell and grammar check my post as i don't have the time like you to sit and critique people like that.

sorry git wiz didn't mean to come off rude... jsut got done reading some of your posts... seams you are the authority on what "pro's" do
guess "pro's" have lots of time to kill on message boards talking negative see'n as all your posts so far have been rude comments
keep it constructive and in good spirits of leave.

can't put it better than that... this board has helped many people for a long time keep that in mind.

Back