(request) Shameless Self Promotion

Tor

Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback on my work from some fellow producers. Let me know, production-wise, whts hot and whats not on some of my tracks,

I know most of you probably wouldn't have the time, but those who do, it would be much appreciated.

My tracks are mellow breakbeat tunes, with strong melodies and chunky beats. Particularily pay attention to "Fourty Two" if you do get some time to listen.

I originally posted this in Showcase Area, but realised it would be more suited here.

Check it out if you get a chance at www.mp3.com.au/tor
or www.mp3.com/toraudio

Cheers!

~Tor

yeah, I like '42' a lot

The progression / arranging is top notch
Well done transitions
Good atmos vox (is that sampled?)
Excellent intro (sounds Hybridy) = compliment
Are those live bongos?

suggested improvements: (based on my personal preference) keep in mind I am a newbie producer, but I know what sounds good, not necessarily how to make that sound

-that angry synth pattern (not the bassline), the last one standing towards the end. That would sound good if after you cut out most of the other tracks / instruments at the end, you added some more distortion to that instrument (a la Adam Freeland) and stretched it out for another phrase (8 measures) or two.

I like it when I am mixing rekkits and towards the end of the old rekkit, it changes up with a new instrument / sound which goes even better with the new rekkit, and thus provides a smoother transition.

-is this on vinyl, cuz if not, it should be

Hey PoPD, Thanx for the great comments!

There are still a few minor changes that I would like to make to that track, and your idea about the synth at the end is a good one.

Yes, those female vox are sampled, I chopped up a sample of an indian chick singing and re-arranged it and then ran it through a vocoder. Also, yes, the bongos (actually it's a djembe) and also the toms are recorded live at angus woodhead studios.

In my other post in the composition forum you asked what I used... It was mostly done on computer, except the recorded live bits and I also sampled some one shots off a keyboard (i forget what kind) in the studio

I used Sim Synth 2.7 for the bassline, rubber duck for a squelchy synth, sequenced the beats and a few other things in fruityloops, mixed it down in acid, and mastered it with T-Racks.

Also, it is getting released on a compilation CD through nine09 records hopefully by the end of the summer, and maybe on vinyl through them, dont know yet.

Thanx again for listening, and showing an intrest.

Cheers!

~Tor

www.mp3.com.au/tor
www.mp3.com/toraudio

Back