Remix without stems

matthewm77

How do people make a flip or bootleg/remix or whatever out of the full song? Like lots of people do it with rap and R&B tunes. I think I have sort of an idea but just looking for some other insight. Thanks!

For the melodic elements you could download a midi file. Just google "SONG NAME midi" and you should find it. That could then be dropped into your DAW. Midi files usually contain multiple midi clips for different instruments.
For the vocals you mostly want to try to find the acapella track. If you can't find the acapella you could use phase inversion to extract the vocals. There was a tutorial by DJ Vespers where he got a vocal using some eqing. A lot of producers might shun this method, but for some remixs and bootlegs it works fine. Good luck!

For the melodic elements you could download a midi file. Just google "SONG NAME midi" and you should find it. That could then be dropped into your DAW. Midi files usually contain multiple midi clips for different instruments.
For the vocals you mostly want to try to find the acapella track. If you can't find the acapella you could use phase inversion to extract the vocals. There was a tutorial by DJ Vespers where he got a vocal using some eqing. A lot of producers might shun this method, but for some remixs and bootlegs it works fine. Good luck!

MIDI won't work because the song's brand new. Acapellas are extremely hard to get for relatively new music. Almost no songs I've wanted to sample have them. Phase inversion won't work because you need the instrumental and normal version from the same source at the same quality (I believe). I'm aware of the EQ method but I was wondering if there was another way. Lots of people remix rap songs that don't have acapellas or anything and the vocals are clean so no EQ.

Back