Remix of Eleanor Rigby

boomchrpaige

Could i coax some of y'all to check out my remix of the Beatle's "Eleanor Rigby"

Since it's not properly licensed, I can't name it properly. So I've got it stuck on my website at

Thanks!!!

-excellent!

-I've heard the original, but I've never sat down and listened to it. I like how it starts off subtle and progresses quite smoothly. I love that little breakbeat tease that comes before the vocals. What that makes me want to hear is a breakdown in the middle of the song-->bring those breakbeats back, cut up a certain section of vocals, loop, dub, cut some mo' while keeping the original rythm/feel, but just cause I wanna hear it doesn't mean you should do it. It is really good song construction, i.e. not strictly blocked into recognizable 8 measure phrases. Good sounds coming in and outta the track (a la BT) I defntly hear the NIN influences, especially in the snare. . .and I don't even like NIN. Overall, it totally flows right-no sections where I'm thinking "okay, dis is gettn old" and not too much progression to the point where it is confusing. If it was a little longer, with that break section I mentioned earlier, I would totally buy the vinyl, cept it prolly isn't cleared.

-Those are the original vox, right? Can you 'splain how you worked everything-how you designed the various melodies-how you started with the track-etc. I admire how you define your sounds at mp3.com, rather than stamping them.

Thanks for the feedback!
Yep, it's the original vocal track... :)

I like the idea of a breakdown after the vocals. I think I want to add the chorus vocals in as well at some point. I guess, too, I could use the weird heavy "teaser" loop from the beginning to spice things up a bit...

Cool! You got the juices flowing, my friend. Let's see what I can do with this!

-=- l8

Thanks for the feedback!
Yep, it's the original vocal track... :)

I like the idea of a breakdown after the vocals. I think I want to add the chorus vocals in as well at some point. I guess, too, I could use the weird heavy "teaser" loop from the beginning to spice things up a bit...

Cool! You got the juices flowing, my friend. Let's see what I can do with this!

-=- l8

Love it!

I would spin it in a heartbeat!

I imagine you'll never it cleared though. Not without a lot of dough.

Very nice.

i remember a friend of mine called Gravity in Ireland made a remix f this song, it was a great one too :)

yeah its a compliment :)
I dont think you can find my friends tunes.. esepcially this one, as I think he made it for his school years ago

This is definately better than the mix I heard by (was it Taucher?) or (Tiesto) nice track all in all. I think if you change the progression of the song around to have the final vocal follow an instrumental, it will sound a bit more clubby, (if that is the sound your looking for). Also extenend the end of the record by about 2 to 4 groups of 32 beats, that way your song will end the same way every other dance song does. if you have your samples I'd like to get a hold of them and do a remix of your work. Write Back to djsubtle@hotmail.com.

Back