Remakes of a song

i__abhi17

Hey everyone ..

I see a lot of videos on YouTube ..where people make their remakes of a song .or just make the same song made by the original artist ..so can anyone tell me how do they get to know the chords of the song .all the samples used . the melody etc etc ..is there anything in fl studio which helps to get the info about the structure of a song ?

Thanks

N16_01_1200_1200_Acupuncture-Ears-Set-for-10-Students.jpg

Does it require any type of ear training ?

There isn't any certain tool that will just tell you all the notes or chords in a track. I find it best to figure out the key of a track first, which can you do using things like Virtual DJ if you're not quite at that level yet to just use your ears and then go from there. A lot of it is just listening and being able to hear different elements in a track and being able to somewhat visualize or separate things in your head, I think the average listener can hear something and it sounds like just an amazing sound but they're not really in tune with what's going on to create that sound.

I am quite new to music producing and I see many people making remakes of big hits just by listening but the problem is I can't separate chords in my head I don't get the melody ..is there any type of training required for ear ?

Back