Recording voice over track ?

D

dahl

Hey guys, hope you can help me out.
Hope it's not a stupid question.

I have never really tired to record a voice over track om my G3 before and wonder how it's done.
I know you can do a simple recording using the sound feature and the apple mike,
but it seem to only record 5 seconds at the time ( making your own alert sounds ).
Also the quality is not the best.

What software is best for this ?
I plan to use this voice over for Flash movies.

Hi dahl !

I think you should have a look at Peak, sorry I didn't have the url (I'm using cubase for my recordings)...One of my friend use Peak to edit his loops and he told me it was very powerful with lot of features for the price range.

Some time ago I used a little shareware, **** I don't remember the name, my jaz crashed and I loosed a lot of stuff, I think the name was Sound Effects...I'm not sure, but I edited some loops in it and you can record directly in it, so it'd do the job for you.

If I recover the name, I'll post it here !

How is the quality of the apple mic ?

If you plan to do this stuff often, maybe you should look for a good audio interface like the UA30 roland and a good mic.

But for flash works I think the apple mic can do the job, your samples won't be set at 128 kbps ! :D

Ciao ! :)

Hey Dahl...I don't know if you found what you were looking for, but I just remembered that you can have Protools 5.0.1 LE for free !

Look at the thread here !

;)

Back