Record MIDI on your iPad or iPhone with ANY controller Now!

macmixing

thanks for the info.

i'm investing shortly in the missing link to control my dx9 and some other older rack synths, but a niche still exists for a portable hardwired imidi-type device in my little noise-room and on my travels. my only concern with irig MIDI would be the big chunk of crap sticking out of the bottom of my ipad, though that design choice definitely makes it more portable than the OP's product.

i will also just comment that to me the iConnectMIDI device would probably be the superior device to integrate into a more traditional MIDI studio, given its much larger size and more flexible i/o. in addition, being able to use standard midi DIN as opposed to the proprietary 3.5->din cables you guys use would probably be a boon to a professional user, i would not want to try to hunt one of those down before a show late at night if one got lost/trampled/chomped by a kitty. the whole irig is only 70 bucks though so that's probably a moot point.

there does seem to be quite a few of these products coming out, but they do seem to have various niches. the alesis ipad dock also comes to mind as an option that provides midi connectivity, but again at a different price point and market niche. the irig / missing link combo would seem to be what would work for me, but it's good to have options.

now perhaps dom from macmixing.com can come back and we can have a full on hyperlink party

Last edited:
yes i believe it does..

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

thanks for the info.

i'm investing shortly in the missing link to control my dx9 and some other older rack synths, but a niche still exists for a portable hardwired imidi-type device in my little noise-room and on my travels. my only concern with irig MIDI would be the big chunk of crap sticking out of the bottom of my ipad, though that design choice definitely makes it more portable than the OP's product.

i will also just comment that to me the iConnectMIDI device would probably be the superior device to integrate into a more traditional MIDI studio, given its much larger size and more flexible i/o. in addition, being able to use standard midi DIN as opposed to the proprietary 3.5->din cables you guys use would probably be a boon to a professional user, i would not want to try to hunt one of those down before a show late at night if one got lost/trampled/chomped by a kitty. the whole irig is only 70 bucks though so that's probably a moot point.

there does seem to be quite a few of these products coming out, but they do seem to have various niches. the alesis ipad dock also comes to mind as an option that provides midi connectivity, but again at a different price point and market niche. the irig / missing link combo would seem to be what would work for me, but it's good to have options.

now perhaps dom from macmixing.com can come back and we can have a full on hyperlink party

Yes iConnect MIDI offers a different kind of integration than iRig MIDI. Check out the video. You can use it to connect almost any MIDI device together

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

It's similar but offers different functionality. Allows you to connect MIDI from iDevice to computer, from Computer to iDevice, from iDevice to iDevice. There are different applications for this product which is why i wouldn't even consider it as a competitor to iRig MIDI. iRig midi is AWESOME for it's own uses. This is more of a studio solution to different things. I think of iRig MIDI as an AWESOMe portible midi interface.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Check out the video to learn more.

Back