Recommend speaker stands to purchase in the UK online?

optimist_music

Can anyone recommend a pair of speaker stands that can be purchased in the UK please?

Can the sound quality change between different stands or do speaker stands literally just hold a speaker?

I originally liked the idea of speaker stands with adjustable height, but I feel it won't be as solid as one that has a fixed height.

I like the custom design RS300, they look solid and you can fill the centre with sand but I have just realised they are only 24" high.

I need stands that are higher than your average desk. They are going to house KRK Rokit 6s.

Any recommendations would be great.

P. S I do not want to make to make my own!

any speaker that mounts to stand has some form of acoustic coupling (physical connection) that can change the perceived frequency response of the speaker - this is why so many people recommend using isolation pads between speakers and the surface they are placed/mounted on.

to get the height you want you may need to custom adapt or even custom make your stands

I was intending on getting some pads after I have purchased the stands.

I would of thought the stands would be the height that I am requesting as standard. This being the monitors need to be at ear level not knee level!

Does no one here own speaker stands they have bought that are ear level when sat at a desk?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Think I am just going to go for my original choice:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JamStands-J...9F03RF68&coliid=I1YGGT4Q5KTTM4#productDetails

Back