recommend me something

d-rock07

looking to take a step into the hardware world but im not looking to drop a grip of bills. maybe something i could get for around maybe $300. im looking mostly for something that can sample and sequence as im mostly into sampling records. ive seen mayeb tthe ensoniq eps or maybe the asrX or an sp 404. ive seen the mpc but i havent been able to find one at a good deal. well throw me some suggestions if you could id appreciate it

if you arent financially able to break serious bread, just buy a midi contoller and stick with a production program. seriously, youll be wasting your money.
save up for an mpc or a nice sampling keyboard like a triton, m3, motif or a fantom. if you can find an asrX that would be an OK direction but keep in mind that those only have about 15 seconds of sampling time. so youd have to get real creative with bouncing your shit down alot.
in my opinion, if you sample records and thats your primary source of sound then id just invest in an MPC. even the 500's and the 1000's are dope and han be a stepping stone into the realm of hardware production

Ya thanks man I been lookin into tryin to cop me an mp for a while now. I mean I got an mpd that I use with fruity loops but I'm not that big a fan of computers to make beats. Plus fl has been acting up lately. Ill be making a track and as I get deeper into it it starts to get laggy and the sequencer gets caught up a bit. Plus the sound quality dips and when I sample something and put it into the step sequencer it gets all quiet and soft and when I go to eq the samples the levels peak out all crazy and don't sound too good. Maybe its just my computer...and I've just been hesitant to get an mpc cuz if I get it and end up not liking it or run into problems, wasted my money. I've been lookin at the 2000 series, regular and xl

The good thing about buying an older piece of hardware used is that you can generally sell it for what you paid for it, assuming you find a good deal and don't get ripped off. Just watch craigslist and local pawn shops and search completed ebay listings to get a good idea of price and just keep your eyes open.

Replied in your other thread, but try a Zoom Sampletrak.
Often see them at $75-100.
Very usable too.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

if you can find an asrX that would be an OK direction but keep in mind that those only have about 15 seconds of sampling time.

If I remember right the asrx pro could be updraded with up to 68mb.
Your looking at several minutes of stereo sampling.
You must be thinking of the sp1200, and it has around 10.5 seconds.

Replied in your other thread, but try a Zoom Sampletrak.
Often see them at $75-100.
Very usable too.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

If I remember right the asrx pro could be updraded with up to 68mb.
Your looking at several minutes of stereo sampling.
You must be thinking of the sp1200, and it has around 10.5 seconds.

How do you like the sequencer on the sampletrak bro? I've been reading reviews and everyone seems to love the sampletrak. I think I might grab one as they are pretty cheap but is the sequencer horribly difficult to get tight? I don't wanna be tryin to struggle to put a track together cuz the sequncer is garbage

Sequencer is great until you get to the part where you want to chain sequences together. It works like the sp303 in this regard.

You can do this by resampling sequences, and triggering them realtime during a new sequence, but you have to be resourceful with only 1mb of memory.
The other option to use the playlist like sp303 users do.

Back