Reason

mcjohn

My friend gave me his Reason kit as gift. It's a DVD ROM Version 7 Software Installer and Sound Bank, Book called Reason 7 Power!, and Reason 7 Music Pro Guide Beginner / Intermediate. I don't think he understands that I may not be able to use his software? What are my options here if any? Case shows License # and Registration Code.

Unfortunately sharing the software isn't allowed.

You'll need his license usb key/dongle to use it.

Ask your friend for this.

Oh boy. Seems like he's still using reason too. Same thing with omnisphere you can't just transfer a license like that you gotta use dongle or pay a license fee to transfer/sell to somebody else man.

He says he hasn't touched it in a long time and not interested in using. I have a License # and registration code. What is it that I should get from friend who gave this to me? I see used Reason 7 for sale on some forums.. how does that work? I don't think he has a "dongle" whatever that is... I figure he would have given that to me if he was aware.

ignition-key-photo-405px.jpg

From propellerheads website:

[h=2]No Ignition Key with Reason 7?[/h]
In Reason 7 and Reason Essentials 2 we’ve added a new way of authorizing the software. You can authorize your licenses to a single computer, for offline use. This way you can use Reason without being connected to the internet, or without a USB port taken up by the key. To authorize your computer for offline use, please login to Your Account.
If you use Reason on several computers, you will still be able to add your license to an Ignition Key, or use Internet Verification. An Ignition Key is not included with the Reason 7 or Reason Essentials software, but for those that need one, it is available for separate purchase from our online shop.

Back