Reason REWIRE users... will YOU be upgrading to v6???

World Wide

Just curious.

I use (and love) Reason as a sound module, ReWired into Ableton Live. I do not use the Reason sequencer at all.

Which is exactly why I didn't upgrade from 4 to 5. Aside from Kong, all of the updates were to the sequencer.

So I'm curious, for similar users who do not sequence in Reason, do YOU plan to upgrade to version 6???

Personally, I'm not sure yet. The only thing that so far makes me at all even consider it is when their website says for Reason 6 "The included Factory Sound Bank has been expanded with thousands of new patches and loops for Reason's instruments"

I personally feel like, generally speaking, for the past couple of years Propellerheads has been neglecting the ReWire sound module users such as myself, which I imagine is probably a HUGE subset of Reason users (if not the majority). 2 to 3 gave us Combinator, 3 to 4 gave us Thor, but 4 to 5 offered basically nothing for us and 5 to 6 seems questionable as well so far. This sucks.

^^^ oh shit. I hadn't even thought about that.

So im not that good on the tech aspect... are you saying that as long as Ableton is 32 bit... Reason 6 rewire wont even work with it?????

Thanks for the info.

So no one is gonna actually answer the question tho??

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

PS in case anyone is interested, i asked Propellerheads via Twitter:

@PropellerheadSW QUESTION: I LOVE Reason but I use it as a sound module thru ReWire and not the sequencer. What will v6 offer users like me?

And the response I got was:

@MrMikeWeb Everything on this page also applies to Reason 6: Propellerhead - Record - Integrate + the new effects, 64-bit compatibility & workflow tweaks!

@MrMikeWeb ...as well as these videos:Propellerhead - Record - Integrate … Hope this helps!

I'm DONE with Propellerheads!

I USED to like using Reason as a sound module, but I sold ALL of my Propellerhead stuff about a month before the Reason 6 announcement. I'm GLAD I did! I just got SO...sick of ReWire. It is the most annoying, buggy, step intensive, nuisance of a protocol that ever was! After getting quite a collection of excellent vsti's I started to find myself more and more NOT wanting to deal with Reason.

They need to just make Reason a vsti itself for those of us who just use it as a sound module.

I won't even consider Propellerheads stuff until they either make Reason a vsti or open it up to vsti's!...ReWire needs to be ReTired!...

@highmarcs, which daw are using? Not saying it changes how U feel about Reason, but I just got into rewire a few weeks ago and I use Able and Reaper. Its probably the easier ways to use it in these two DAWs. But i guess it doesnt matter now lol.

As for the OP....Im considering upgrading from 5 to 6 because of record. I dont have record, although i do have Ableton...I still will love to do all my work in one setting...and add some VSTs when neccessary through rewire...but Reason is more than capable of handling everything I need...so yes I will upgrade.

My setup Ill roll with for the next year will be:

Reason/Record V6
Ableton 8
NI Komplete 7 (not gonna upgrade to 8)

Yeah... since the announcement of Komplete 8 Ultimate, I don't think i'm gonna upgrade to Reason 6.

I'm gonna stick with 4 and put this money toward Komplete.

So hopefully in the next couple to 6 months ill be working with:

Ableton Live 8
z3ta+ 2
Analog Factory
Sampletank
Sonik Synth
Philharmonik
Reason 4 + a shitload of refills and soundfonts
Komplete 8

The only thing I think will be missing from that is Guitars... which I think are probably the hardest thing to do with software. I might add RealStrat to that after I see what Komplete is working with guitar-wise

Back