Reason:Ableton Rewire Issue

MegaloDeez

Im rewiring Reason with Ableton and so far so good. Except ALL my external instruments play simultaneously. Why is this?
‪Stringsapproach's beginners guide to: Rewire Ableton, Reason‬‏ - YouTube
This is the video I used and Ive followed everything correctly. But still my instruments all play at the same time.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Last edited:
I mean obviously i dont know this for sure, since u havent provided much info, but I would guess you have all your instruments routed into a mixer in reason and that mixer routed to the 1/2 outs? Each instrument should be routed directly to the "hardware interface" or whatever its called (I dont have it right in front of me just now) with its own set of outs (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, etc).

Hit the TAB key on Reason to see the routing and post a screenshot

Yeah but I mean unless that video was made by YOU (which it wasnt)... there's no way to know you followed it 100% right. In fact, you almost definitely DIDN'T, because if you did, it would be working.

Last edited:
Hahaha... I guess thats what I get for trying to HELP somebody.

So you seriously dont get how random videos of OTHER people doing something right doesn't help anyone diagnose what YOU are doing wrong???

Thanks for "trying". Im sure Ill find MY problem and CORRECT IT. Sometimes we "TRY" and FAIL. Its ok buddy. No biggy. Thanks for playing.

---------- Post added 08-05-2011 at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-04-2011 at 07:25 AM ----------

The Solution for me was to reinstall. Now everything is fine. Until next time kids...

Back