Reason 4 and M-Audio 49e Keyboard Delay Issue

bargeanimal

Hi everyone,

I'm using Reason 4 with an M-Audio 49e Keyboard and there's a very annoying delay between when I hit a key and when the sound actually comes out. I've tried changing the 'output latency' and the 'latency compensation' in the Edit, Preferences, Audio menu but it hasn't made any difference.

I've tried two different M-Audio generic keyboards as the model wasn't listed but the make was. This hasn't made any difference either. I can't think what else might be causing the delay. Anyway, if anyone knows a fix or has had the same problem with the same kit, I'd be very much obliged to hear of any fix or work around.

Thanks very much for your time

PS. If I've neglected to mention any relevant information please let me know?

Best regards

Barge.

Get a asio driver ,it here , Asio4all.com and install it and select it in reason's audio preferences.

Thanks dabeatdoctor. I've installed that driver but the sound doesn't seem to work at all with it. I'll try messing around with it. If you can think of anything else please let me know?

Thanks for your response!

Best regards

Barge.

you gotta goto audio preferences and select the driver.

Yeah I selected the Asio4all v2 driver in there and that's when the sound stopped working. When I reselect the DX Primary Sound driver the sound works again. For some reason the Asio driver won't work on this laptop. Maybe there's another driver out there somewhere that I can use?

I had theat same board for a while, it worked fine with reason. One thing that I had to do was play with the latency settings though. If you set them to high youll have more latency and if you set it too low you obviously will as well. Try playing with it and adjusting as you go untill you get the right fit.

Not sure what your asio issue is though. Thats a weirf one because asio is pretty standard and works good with everything Ive tried to use it on. Good luck.

Is the sound card activated in the asio4all control panel? It could be that your ins and outs are not activated in the asio panle. If the asio4all driver does not work, you'r probably going to have to upgrade from the onboard sound. Not many options when rockin a stock soundcard.
LevLove

ASIO was the fix for me

I had the same problem with my Keystation 61, very bad latency problem.

I did a google search and found this forum and followed dabeatdoctor's advise and the ASIO4all fix the problem.

Thanks beatdoctor!!

I M BC

Hey man,

I had the same issue. It is actually due to the number of samples being set very high. If you go into the settings for Reason, you will see a setting called Sample Number (or something similar.. sorry, I'm not at home near my Reason install at the moment). By default it's set to 4096 I believe... for me I set it down to 1024 and it brought down the latency to under 50ms... very acceptable.

I, too, am using the M-Audio Axiom 49. PM me if you continue to have problems and I will find the setting and send you a screenshot.

_O.K._

go to

edit>
preference>
audio>
buffer size
and lower your buffering size, your computer might not be fast enough for the quality sound you want to feedback.,

Just get a decent audio interface with true ASIO drivers. Komplete audio 6 for 200 is what I'm messing with.

Back