Reason 3.0 and ReFills problem

It's been a while since I posted here. After 9 years of using hardware, I switched to Reason 2.5 last year. A week ago, I decided to buy 3.0. Anyway, after reading the forum (several, in fact) I could not find a true solution to my problem.

When I installed 3.0, I reinstalled all my refills as well. Problem is, I'm not able to find them in the Reason browser. It's as if the folder is empty. The only ones I do see are the Reason Sound Bank and the Orkester Bank. So, how do I get my refills to show up?

I've tried selecting "All instruments" rather than the perticular device. I moved the refills to a separate folder... nothing. I know they're there because my old songs still play sounds from those refills. Does anyone have any ideas?

I had the same problem a year ago.
Quick fix:
1. Copy and Paste or drag an audio file (mp3, wav etc) or a Reason session file into your Refill folder (not within the browser view...find the original location of the folder)
2. If you are using Windows XP: right click on the audio file and select Properties then click Change next to Open With then select Reason as the initiating program
3. If you are using Mac OS X right click and select Get info then follow the sam procedure as the former.

I hope it works for you the same way it worked for me.

Back