Reaper Q's

MR44khz

I'm trying to edit samples in reaper by slicing them but once sliced,they make this clipping sound. Is there away to slice audio in reaper without it making the clip sound? Also when recording lets say drums 4 bars,i drag the audio clip and it keeps making the same loop over and over but it's off beat and makes a clip noise right at the clip section on the file,does anybody know what's the deal,would help me out a lot..thanks. Edit: I've tried zero crossing but it doesn't help.

Last edited:
Where you have made the slice zoom right in on it and fade out/in from one slice to the next.

Like this:

665746.JPG

Just hover over the top side of the item and the cursor will change to the fade icon just left click and drag it.

Don't quite get what your saying with the other problem.

Last edited:
If i do this fade in/out will it sound natural and fluid,meaning if i have two 4 bar loops and put one behind the other will you be able to tell in the audio?

What I'm saying about the other issue is that when i record a 4 bar loop from my keyboard and drag the recorded file in reaper on the corner i noticed the waveform will keep duplicating it self,but at certain points it's off beat.At the(v^)points it makes a clip noise,you've explained that already,but is there a way i can drag the corner of the audio file in reaper and loop it perfectly? Thanks

once you place in your loop and it has gaps in the start and end, disable your snap mode and resize the loop until the gaps are gone. after that stretch it into the desired length, then re-enable snap mode. highlight a time selection of the same length, then right click the sample and hit glue items within time selection. it should render a new file and replace it so press ESC to get rid of the time selection and you should now have a perfectly synced loop which loops perfect too.

I couldn't get it to work as you stated,so i just pulled the clip sliced between both samples and glued it together. I just thought there was an easier way to do it,by just dragging and looping infinity.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Anybody know how to use reaper with rewire how do you record different tracks in reason to reaper? Like i might record drums on track 1 then when i try to record a synth i can't record it.

Back