REAPER Help Please......

H

HIMbeats

Okay, I have been using Reaper for about all of two weeks, so this may be something easy that I am missing here. I am doing my first full mix with it and coming from a Pro Tools background I am very happy with it's easy of use, because I have been showing my son how to mix with it. However, I have ran into a problem that is really irritating me.
When editing vocals and trying to line up harmonies, there is this pop (brown box) displaying information that gets in the way of seeing the wavform. This makes it hard to lineup. I am hitting the alt button and moving the splice with my mouse (maybe this is the cause IDK).

I have checked on the reaper forums and I scanned through the 400 and some odd page pdf book from their website,(scanned....not read) but don't see anything on this in there.

I know this makes little sense so I took a screen capture. I want to find a way to disable that little TAN COLORED pop up or at least move it out my way.

Crap, sorry Moses I posted this in the wrong area didn't I....sorry just noticed that.

Attachments

• reaper edit issue.jpg
    reaper edit issue.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay for now I will just enlarge the track that I am working on so that the tan pop up is not in the way of the wavform that I am working on. If anyone does know a way for me to remove it altogether then please post it......thanks reaper fans.

I don't know how to solve your problem but since this thread is about reaper I was hoping you or somebody could help with one thing:

I have a vst with multiple outputs, they are all mapped and functional. I have my main midi (channel 1) on the first track. How do I create a new track and route it to the vst and record midi on one of the other midi channels? This part is killing me.

I don't know how to solve your problem but since this thread is about reaper I was hoping you or somebody could help with one thing:

I have a vst with multiple outputs, they are all mapped and functional. I have my main midi (channel 1) on the first track. How do I create a new track and route it to the vst and record midi on one of the other midi channels? This part is killing me.

Wow, IDK man....I have only been using Reaper for a short time and only for mixing purposes. All my mulitiple out vsts, keyboards, interface, ect,ect, is routed through FL and PT.

Hopefully someone with some Reaper knowledge will chime in.

As for my issue.....I am not going to sweat it as I use Reaper more, I see that the brown pop up box is pretty helpful depending on what you mouse-over. If I am editing audio, it only takes a sec to zoom in so the waveform is better than the pop up and then its no problem.

try clicking on the end of the clip instead of the middle of it and it shouldnt be in the way then, dont know how to remove it though.

try clicking on the end of the clip instead of the middle of it and it shouldnt be in the way then, dont know how to remove it though.

Thanks man yeah it seems to happen when I am using reapers time stretching functions. After I splice the audio with the S key, I go to the end of the splice and then the little hands appear so you can move things, but what also appears is a pop up box showing the time, length, ect. This seems to pop up on the left or right side of where I have spliced (so the end). Sometimes it is in the way and sometimes not. I guess this would be a problem if you are zoomed in on a part of the wav as the pop is too small to cause an issue, but there are some things that I want to edit with having to use the zoom tool, so for me it just seems like an extra step. I could just be picky and I am use to how things work in other DAWs I guess.

Vdd4e.png

Prefrences> Media> |Media Item Buttons|

Uncheck the second row. There is another way to do it with the rightclick menu, but I cant remember.

Not to jump in but i recently made the switch to reaper. This could be very simple but i can't manage to add fx to multiple tracks. Ive made a track for the fx and attached the vocal tracks to it but its not reponding. can anyone help?

Vdd4e.png

Prefrences> Media> |Media Item Buttons|

Uncheck the second row. There is another way to do it with the rightclick menu, but I cant remember.

Thanks man. Just could not figure that out myself.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Not to jump in but i recently made the switch to reaper. This could be very simple but i can't manage to add fx to multiple tracks. Ive made a track for the fx and attached the vocal tracks to it but its not reponding. can anyone help?

I am a reaper newbie too but are your sends and receives set up right? I think you have to make sure the the instrument is assigned to the right send with the fxs on it. If you click the io button it should show I think.

Back