really weird issue here.... HELP!!

TheNonpareil

BCD3000 freezing when volumes are turned up...WTF???

My set up:
- Behringer BCD3000 using the 1.3.4 drivers
- Sony Vaio VGN-CR590... 2.4ghz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 3 USB ports, Windows 7 64-bit system FULLY OPTIMIZED FOR AUDIO PROCESSING
- using both Traktor Pro 2.0.3 and Virtual DJ 7.4
- American Audio HP700 headphones
- generic powered speakers

My story: (rather detailed, please bear with me)
- All software installation completed without problems.
- Both Traktor and Virtual DJ configured and working properly with no glitches whatsoever.
- Now the issue (which happens ALL THE TIME)...

After loading a track on one deck, I slide the volume fader up then I press the play button, and after about 1 second of sound it all comes to a halt. The BCD3000 freezes. All of a sudden, Traktor (or Virtual DJ) is unable to detect the BCD3000. In Traktor, this is shown by the "AUDIO" button crossed out in red at the top middle part of its interface. When this happens, Traktor (or Virtual DJ) is still usable and may be shut down properly, but the BCD3000 is totally frozen and needs to be powered off.

So I switch the BCD3000 on once again, waiting a bit for the drivers/control panel to load. Then, I launch Traktor (or Virtual DJ) and load a track on one deck. This time, volume faders are all the way down. I press play, and everything is sweet and ready to rock! No freezes, nothing! But of course it makes no sense as the volume fader is on zero. So, I go ahead and turn it up, and THE CRASH IS BACK. I went through the whole process all over again and just let the track play on 'til its end WITH THE VOLUME FADER ON ZERO and it played smoothly monitoring it on heaphones. Looped it, relooped it, scratched, and loaded effects and what have you - and there wasn't a bit of a glitch at all. I even loaded tracks on both decks, mixed them like crazy via headphones, and never encountered any irregularity whatsoever. But again, it doesn't make sense as THE VOLUME FADERS ARE ALL THE WAY DOWN. I thought, WTF?? I took the powered speaker and tried something. I turned the powered speaker's volume all the way down, then went back to my BCD3000 and, with tracks playing, slid the volume fader all the way up. DIDN'T FREEZE!! The music just kept on playing on both tracks! And I get the same result when I switch the powered speaker off. Again I thought, WTF??

Things I've already done that didn't make any difference:
- Made sure my BCD3000 is plugged in solo to a wall outlet
- Made sure my powered speaker is plugged in solo to another wall outlet
- Replaced RCA cords for the BCD3000's master output 4X already
- Tried using both short and long RCA cords
- Positioned the powered speaker about 2 meters away from where the BCD3000 is

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I've dismissed any possibility that there's anything wrong with my notebook, BCD3000 software installation, Traktor and Virtual DJ installation and configuration. They all perform smoothly and everything works as they should - ALL WHEN THE VOLUME FADERS ARE ON ZERO or WHEN THE POWERED SPEAKER'S VOLUME IS ON ZERO OR TURNED OFF ALTOGETHER.

I've used this powered speaker (without any such weird issues) with other controllers - Hercules 4mx, Numark Mixdeck, Behringer BCD2000, Numark NDX800 on timecode, CDJ-100s with mixer on analog, CDJ-700s with mixer on analog and timecode.

Need your help figuring this out, guys.

a simple wiring diagram would help to understand the exact method of connection between each part of your hardware and software signal chain - show audio lines, show power lines, show usb lines, show internal software interconnections

post that and I'll have another look

Back