Really important question with leasing

NOT "whatever"...

see, you only want to BE CORRECT, never to STAND CORRECTED...

No. The fact is, I am not the only one who is interpreting what you are saying in this way.

So, "WE" is absolutely the correct phrasing.

I am just saying to you "whatever" because it does not matter whether it is "I" or "we"...

I am saying "who cares if it is 'I' or 'we'... just make your point already."

That is truly insignificant minutia and is not worth arguing about.

(If I only cared about "being correct", I would show you where it is not only me who interpreted you as I did... but I don't care whether it is "I" or "we"... it is really not important.)

Every time I try to give you the opportunity to clarify your point, you pick out some other area to divert the conversation.

You keep saying your point is being misinterpreted. If you want to clarify, then, by all means, go ahead. In not, then there is nothing else to say here.

If you are a singer, rapper or full on band and you have no physical access to a music producer in your city what can you do to get your music on to a cd in a professional.A lease simply gives you the right to use a beat for promotional use and perform the song live after you have writing a song to it. Some leases also give you the opportunity to sell a certain amount of copies before having to re negotiate a contract. Now if you buy exclusive rights to a track this means that you can do anything you want with it. Its your property and nobody else can have that song.

Leasing is in two types that is premium leasing and standard leasing. Both ways of leasing will limit one's rights over their music.

Last edited:
Leasing is in two types that is premium leasing and standard leasing. Both ways of leasing will limit one's rights over their music.

Aside from the fact that "leasing" is not an actual
Legal term with any real meaning (if you use that term in a discussion with a record label or a lawyer, they would look at you line you are a moron)...

"Premium" and "standard" have even less universal meaning as they are just someones personal terms they made up for their own purposes with no meaning to anybody else.

It is like if you knew a local restaurant that would use the term "tickle it" to say you wanted to add cheese and their own special sauce... Then you went to a different restaurant and told them to "tickle it" when you ordered your food... They don't know what it means or even what the special sauce is.

So: "leasing" doesn't really mean anything (the term is "licensing") and "standard/premium" means absolutely nothing outside of the one person who made up the terms.

Aside from the fact that "leasing" is not an actual
Legal term with any real meaning (if you use that term in a discussion with a record label or a lawyer, they would look at you line you are a moron)...

"Premium" and "standard" have even less universal meaning as they are just someones personal terms they made up for their own purposes with no meaning to anybody else.

i agree...(finally)

and text on a soundclick page are not really legally binding agreements right? cuz neither party actually signed anything

how is that incorrect if no one signed anything, plus they could simple change the agreement anytime

"clicking" is tantamount to "signing".

There is nothing magical about a "signature"... the point is that you are agreeing to something. That is your contract.

They made an "offer" (i.e., give me this much money to distribute 2000 copies of this song)...

You "accepted" their offer (i.e., you click on the link to download the track from soundclick)...

LEGALLY BINDING!

Just like everything else you click on from your software or the internet... "if you agree to these terms and conditions click here", etc, etc.

Just like anything you buy from a person or a store where you exchange money for goods and you don't sign anything... you just bought a pack of gum for $1 and you didn't sign anything.

The purpose of a signature is to show that YOU are the parties who agreed to this transaction. When you do something on the internet, people know who you are and people see what you do as you are being tracked through your IP address, your unique computer codes, your email, your soundclick login, and everything else you do online that is traceable to you and links you to this transaction... (so when you go on any website you think is "private", they know you are there and are watching you... yup, they know)

There are plenty of other things that verify you as the person entering into an agreement other than your "signature"...

Last edited:
Back