REAL vs FAKE

Rza Nas Blu and all of the Wu are the realist my ears have ever had the pleasure to listening to.

lil wayne....
Drake isn't fake but when people think hes the realistic ever makes me wanna explode his music has its place its for the ladies
Wocka Flaka Fagging Flame lol dunno know his real name but thats all garbage to me.

As far as being hard, a real goon (sadly but in hip hop equates to being "real") , or going through the struggle of a bad child hood, being poor, ect no drake doesn't fit into that category of "real". Drakes music is considered by most dudes "soft" however the things he talks about are real experiences he has gone through. He's not trying to be somebody he isn't or taking on a persona which IMO equals being real.

If you play basketball all day and all your songs are about basketball then your being real. All in all however real and fake don't matter in 2012 and beyond what matters is what your music sounds like. You really sold coke on a major level, robbed people, got some street cred, ect...eh that's cool what your songs sounding like though? Is the hook catchy, beat knocking, do you actually have bars, and are you actually a talented artist?? Being "real" doesn't pay the bills being a dope artist does in the music entertainment business.

This is funny.

How Diddy ain't real? His dad was murked in front of him in the streets of Harlem. He started off interning fetching coffee and built an empire from ground up to become at one time THE RICHEST HIP HOP ARTIST in the world. He's gotten beat out and regained it a few times, not sure where he stands now.

He never backed down from a man everyone backs down from(Suge). Keeps real g's on payroll from day 1. Runs up in offices holds dudes hostage and beats them to a pulp with thousand dollar bottles of champagne to let them know they violated. Makes "real dudes" like the Lox who were just talking junk on the radio take back everything they said live on air on the radio and remind them "they ain't killin shyt" and asks them "do they really know who they f**kin with?" while they explain it was "taken out of contex" and apologize. Shoots up a club, runs from the police, goes to trial, witnessed point him out, gets away scott free? Wayne(and others) did a year just for having a strap on him.

C'mon, man, y'all must be judging "real" by what's "real" in movies. those dudes don't last long in real life, they all dead, locked up, or gone fed. In the music/entertainment biz, it don't get much realler than Diddy. And the irony in that is, as much as I defend him being as real as they come in music, I feel like the nikka is borderline gay, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Real people always get killed so I guess your all fake.lol

Yup, cause if I we was still doin the "real" shyt we once did, it woulda caught up with us by now. I was only "real" from around 12-16. I spent 17-19 wanting to focus on my music but trying to prove to others I was still the crazy lil dude who didn't give a f**k(deep down inside I actually did by then).

All the times I got locked up, shot at, shot at people, got jumped, got robbed, robbed people, if I was "real enough to keep going that path, I'd be locked up or dead by now, no other road from that shyt. I have a good 4 years of "being real" and they almost took my entire life from me, glad to be fake with a family enjoying life.

Cause only a coward with something to prove needs a title like "real".

I can be anything from a sucka for love to a phag to a snitch to a hoeazznikka in anyone elses mind and give a f**k, cause I know what I am and know in my prime dudes who use words like "real and fake" STFU when they seen me walking down the street. Even when I was fakin tough cause I really wanted to do something else.

Last edited:
He never backed down from a man everyone backs down from(Suge). Keeps real g's on payroll from day 1. Runs up in offices holds dudes hostage and beats them to a pulp with thousand dollar bottles of champagne to let them know they violated.

Who did he run up on like that? Who are the real G's he keep on payroll?

P.Diddy cant fight though he cant shoot a gun, hes not real STREET REAL, may be business real, but I wonder how REAL LIFE THUG cats, are ranned over by him!!!

Like Shyne, he was a REAL CAT but he let Diddy make that B**** move that got him behind bars for 10 yrs!!!!

P.Diddy cant fight though he cant shoot a gun, hes not real STREET REAL, may be business real, but I wonder how REAL LIFE THUG cats, are ranned over by him!!!

Like Shyne, he was a REAL CAT but he let Diddy make that B**** move that got him behind bars for 10 yrs!!!!
Preme couldn't "shoot or fight". But that's why he had cat's that did on payroll. So I guess he wasn't "real" either?

This thread is hilarious.

I'd like to see how half y'all would react in a some of the time ridin' part time killer's face, let alone what you guys are painting out as "real'.

The fact Diddy throws slugs and fists makes him realler than all them timid dudes who talk it and don't even do that.

How many people you know have actually bust a gun in someone's direction? Hit or miss?

Young Buck got shot at in a driveby earlier today they say. 11 shots into his SUV. He didn't get hit......he could have. But people glorify that bullshit. Shit is real. When a nigga dead.......shit is real. When you got to watch your back.... shit is real. Who the fuuck wants to live like that? They dumb ass hell.

14 year old shooting his mother multiple times with a shot gun........that shit is real.

This shit is real!

So I really don't care who real or fake as far as a rapper. I can turn on the news for that shit. And then the shit gets real.........because I'm definitely not cheering that nigga who shot up some shit over an X girlfriend.

What's real.......these crazy ass suicidal ass folks shooting up some shit before they shot their self. Teenage mother watching her boyfriend beat the shit out of her baby because he not eating...now the baby dead.

Now....I love music and love that hard shit....I wouldn't mind some rappers getting back to the real...turning on the news and talking about real situation that they see and their opinion of it.

But only a chosen few can do that. Just anybody can't reach people with their voice and their thoughts....they try.....but they not made to do the shit.

Young Buck got shot at in a driveby earlier today they say. 11 shots into his SUV. He didn't get hit......he could have. But people glorify that bullshit. Shit is real. When a nigga dead.......shit is real. When you got to watch your back.... shit is real. Who the fuuck wants to live like that? They dumb ass hell.

14 year old shooting his mother multiple times with a shot gun........that shit is real.

This shit is real!

So I really don't care who real or fake as far as a rapper. I can turn on the news for that shit. And then the shit gets real.........because I'm definitely not cheering that nigga who shot up some shit over an X girlfriend.

What's real.......these crazy ass suicidal ass folks shooting up some shit before they shot their self. Teenage mother watching her boyfriend beat the shit out of her baby because he not eating...now the baby dead.

Now....I love music and love that hard shit....I wouldn't mind some rappers getting back to the real...turning on the news and talking about real situation that they see and their opinion of it.

But only a chosen few can do that. Just anybody can't reach people with their voice and their thoughts....they try.....but they not made to do the shit.

I'm using that thread resurrection card to bring back this post by Rice.
This is probably one of the best posts ever.... Cats are too caught up in what's "real". Some of the "Realest" rappers suck ass musically

Shit is all irrelevant. You only need to worry about having a place to sleep, good food, toilet paper and real mother****ing beat like this.

You don't need to be shooting people to be a real man. That shit doesn't matter. If you have fun shooting up shit go ahead, ain't knocking nobody's hustle. But don't ever think that you need to fit a certain criteria to be a man. Our only purpose is to survive, so worry about that. If you can survive and bring a couple people with you, you got my respect.

Real to me is paying bills, keeping a roof over your head and taking care of your kids day in and day out. Just being a responsible adult and remembering that you have kids counting on you.

Last edited:
Back