Real quick rewire question for all you experienced producers

Ministrydoc

Hi ive been using reason since the day it was born, have made many hits, but have recently introduced myself finally to rewiring reason into Sonar.
MY question is, what is the best way to do this? Rewire every instrument to its own channel, export each individual track from reason without effects into sonar, or use one midi track in sonar connected to reason. I like the fact that by using rewire you can use Sonars effects etc to make your production sound amazing. Could someone also tell me the main reason why people rewire? that would a great start, thanks team.

**DoC**
Ministry Doc - Take you there Feat Cassie - D.avi - YouTube Take you there
Ministry Doc Take You There on My96 radio FM - YouTube Radio Interview after Take you there
Ministry Doc Feat. Cassie - Breathe - YouTube Breathe
Thank You - Ministry Doc - YouTube Thank you
EXCLUSIVE! MUST SEE! CrossOverr Productionz - Tha Truth Vid - YouTube The Truth
MAke beat, Reason 5, Make beat 5 minutes, Make Hot beat - Dirty South Hi Hats - YouTube Beat Tutorial

everything here was stricly made in reason 5, except vocals

Hi ive been using reason since the day it was born, have made many hits, but have recently introduced myself finally to rewiring reason into Sonar.
MY question is, what is the best way to do this? Rewire every instrument to its own channel, export each individual track from reason without effects into sonar, or use one midi track in sonar connected to reason. I like the fact that by using rewire you can use Sonars effects etc to make your production sound amazing. Could someone also tell me the main reason why people rewire? that would a great start, thanks team.

When I use to rewire... i would build the beat in reason.... then export/bounce every track 1 by 1 into sonar/logic/cubase etc.... in 8 bar loops... i only did this to save processing(cpu) power
for eg. my tracks in logic once exported would look like this:
kick
snare
hats
tom1
tom2
tom3
bass
synth etc....
hope this helps.

Back