Re-assigning my MIDI CC's

Wallengard

Manipulator of energy
So I've got a little issue over here with my Oxygen 49. I'm creating some presets for my VST's using the in-built midi-learn functions on the instruments themselves. So my issue here is that I've got 10 different presets on my Oxygen 49 (number 10 is for Ableton instant-mappings). I'm trying to create it logically, using 1 preset to control filters, 1 for oscillator sections and 1 for envelopes etc etc..

BUT..

I've got some CC messages in my presets that are overlapping, so 1 or 2 knobs/faders doesn't assign properly to what I want them to.
So now I'm wondering if it's possible for me to change my CC messages on all my other 9 presets on my midi keyboard, so that they are all assigned to different parameters in all the different presets.. I already know how to change the CC message for the individual knobs and faders, just not sure if it's a good idea or not to do this kind of overhaul to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

I probably won't be needing to re-assign ALL of the 9 presets, but at least 4-5 of them.
Also is there a way to make my Oxygen 49 pick up where the parameter on the VST is when my knob/fader goes past that value? I don't want it to jump harshly to where my knob is set when I change my preset from 1 section to another.

Last edited:
You should be able to perform a factory reset to restore the settings if you feel you need to, but yeah I would just reprogram the keyboard to work how I want.....regular knobs suck compared to rotary encoders so yes shit is going to jump as soon as you touch them.

Alright thanks for that, I asked because I read somewhere that some midi CC's should not be changed. But I did it any way and it works as I want now except for the jumping parameters. Would a controller like the BCR2000 pick up where the value is rather than skipping right to it?

Yeah the BCR2000 has rotary encoders with LEDs around them which indicate the knobs position when you change banks, it can also receive feedback from some software (you move a knob on screen and the LED around the encoder reflects the change) the BCR2000 also has a learn function which is intended for hardware but you can use it with some software too.

thanks for the info! My main issue is the jumping parameters right now, I've spent some hours making presets for my Oxygen but it gets tedious when it doesn't really do what you want in the end of the day anyway.. I'll be looking into that BCR2000, hopefully I can get one soon. What I'm really trying to do is set up some presets for my most used vsts and eliminate some of the mouse action, it is such a creative killer.

Last edited:
Back