Rate My Sevyn Streeter Remix 100% F4F

pMbeats

professional amateur
Let me know what you think. I'm still learning like you guys so feel free to point out things you didn't like or areas where you think I could improve. Link me to your thread and I'll do the same for you.

I'm just now getting things set up online so if you like what you hear, follow me/comment and I'll hit you back!

I really liked this, love the guitar and I'm guessing the singing is a sample? I don't produce lol.. but dope man keep doing what you do never let anybody stop you

like the chill, minimalist take on the track. head was noddin. thought the mix could be a little wider but otherwise good work. really liked the gliding bass as well.

Yo nice instrumental man. I just think the main melody (guitar i think?) is a little too loud. But if that's what you were going for then that's cool. Drums are dope but I think it can hit harder, try parallel compressing them. Dope beat though, I'm feeling it gj!
Oh and I love that gliding bass too lol.

Last edited:
I really like it, the mix left alot of room for the bass to shine, I liked that. I thought the snare (finger snappy sound) could be louder. Otherwise, I don't have a ton of specific criticisms, from a first listen it sounded really nice to me.

thanks for everyone's comments.

like the chill, minimalist take on the track. head was noddin. thought the mix could be a little wider but otherwise good work. really liked the gliding bass as well.

thanks man. any tips on widening the mix?

Yo nice instrumental man. I just think the main melody (guitar i think?) is a little too loud. But if that's what you were going for then that's cool. Drums are dope but I think it can hit harder, try parallel compressing them. Dope beat though, I'm feeling it gj!
Oh and I love that gliding bass too lol.

I've just learned about mixing and mastering a few weeks ago so this is where I'm really trying to focus on improving. I'm currently running a maximus on the master track in fl studio and compressing the low end which always seems to take some of the punch out of the bass. Any tips here? Am I just compressing a little too much?

I really like it, the mix left alot of room for the bass to shine, I liked that. I thought the snare (finger snappy sound) could be louder. Otherwise, I don't have a ton of specific criticisms, from a first listen it sounded really nice to me.

I've been debating about turning up the snap a little bit. Maybe layer it to give it a little more punch. Thanks for your feedback.

That's a professional sounding song you have there in your sig. How long you been at this?

I like the guitar and then airy synth thing that comes in at the end. Is that airy thing you or the sample?

I've never heard the original song, but are the lyrics just that one line or is this more like you made a beat and put that line on it, akin to old Kanye and Just Blaze where they'd leave part of the vocal in a sample and use that for like the hook?

Anyways, cool track. I'd probably use less reverb to make everything upfront and more pop/r&b sounding and less atmospheric.

I like the guitar and then airy synth thing that comes in at the end. Is that airy thing you or the sample?

The airy synth at the end of the bars with the triple crash is sampled from the original song.

I've never heard the original song, but are the lyrics just that one line or is this more like you made a beat and put that line on it, akin to old Kanye and Just Blaze where they'd leave part of the vocal in a sample and use that for like the hook?

The original is on youtube "Sevyn Streeter - It Won't Stop" -would link but at work. It's my beat *mostly with the lyrics chopped up. The triple crash airy synth was sampled and obviously the voice at the beginning of the bars is as well. The guitar is sampled from the acoustic version of the song (which is also on youtube) with some added effects.

Anyways, cool track. I'd probably use less reverb to make everything upfront and more pop/r&b sounding and less atmospheric.

The samples definitely have a lot of reverb and delay on them which gives it a very atmospheric feel. I'm traditionally more of a dirty south producer and terrrrrrrible at r&b so I might take your advice and mess around with some of those effects to see how it sounds.

Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
The intro could've ramped up a bit before the drop.
I like how you incorporated the vocals, sounds good.
The drums could definitely be a little more punchy and "visible".
The washed out kind of overall sound is pretty nice.
The guitar sample sounds low quality? If so I suggest trying to find a better version.
If not, roll off some of the processing.
Yeah, dope bass too.
All in all, its really good. The mix could use some tweaking(guitar, drums), but good track homie.

The intro could've ramped up a bit before the drop.
I like how you incorporated the vocals, sounds good.
The drums could definitely be a little more punchy and "visible".
The washed out kind of overall sound is pretty nice.
The guitar sample sounds low quality? If so I suggest trying to find a better version.
If not, roll off some of the processing.
Yeah, dope bass too.
All in all, its really good. The mix could use some tweaking(guitar, drums), but good track homie.

I'm definitely noticing my drums aren't as punchy as they could be. I think I've used too much compression on the low end of the track. I'm going to go back and play with this.

I never noticed before, but I think I hear what you're talking about with the guitar. It sounds like it could have some of the upper mid frequencies lowered a hair. That would probably make it sound a little crispier.

Thanks for your feedback.

Never give up hope, this is rad bro. Keep doing you potna !

Thanks my man. I hit you in that thread a few days ago. Keep pushing.

I like this, dope style! Works as good as instrumental as it would with rap on it!...Maybe i would turn up the drums and the bass abit but thats just my personal flavour...i digg it! Much props!

I like this, dope style! Works as good as instrumental as it would with rap on it!...Maybe i would turn up the drums and the bass abit but thats just my personal flavour...i digg it! Much props!

I can't wait for someone to rap on this. I went back and took some of the compression off the low end and the kick sounds a little better now. I appreciate your comments. You have a lot of dope tracks yourself.

Best beat, I've heard in a while. Sounds simple and appealing to the ears and that sub bass is a cool addition man.

Here's a link to my thread https://www.futureproducers.com/for...receive-feedback/first-upload-youtube-466633/ It would be great to get your feedback

Thanks bro, that means a lot. I left you some feedback. You sound like where I was just a few years ago. Keep making music and you WILL keep improving!

Back