Rate my rap Beat

JVMusic

I sampled a Siren and made a beat out of it, i'm quite new to making music and would like some more experienced people to give their opinion and see how they would make it sound better

Thank you for listening :)

Honestly I think it's pretty sick. I mean if I had to say something maybe just have some type of instrument hitting the really high frequencies once in a while, but it's certainly good enough to stand on it's own as is.

Honestly I think it's pretty sick. I mean if I had to say something maybe just have some type of instrument hitting the really high frequencies once in a while, but it's certainly good enough to stand on it's own as is.
What type of instrument would u think would best suit this?

What I'd do is have something high pitched like a synth arpeggiated that hits every maybe 4 or 8 bars. It's just there to give a hint of that high frequency being used. I'd also have it delayed to give a hint of depth. So like a high pitched arpeggiated synth or something like that, which is in the background with delay and only hits every 4 or even 8 bars. Doesn't have to be loud or long or anything, or like up front in mix either.

TBH the beat is fine on it's own just as is. But if I had to add something that would be next. Wouldn't be something like a main part of the beat, considered more like a little accent.

Pretty dope stuff. The gated chords are quite bouncy too. To make it sound shiny, would probably go for some sausage fattener on this. You could probably use some variating drum transitions too! Good job btw @JVMusic

Back