Rapping help please!

Romain12

Hello I'm starting to learn how to rap. I write poetry, but never really rapped my lyrics to a beat. The few times I did rap my lyrics, my friends told me that when I tried rapping it sounded like I was just talking or speaking instead of rapping. Can anyone give me any info or help on what is flow, how to flow? I seem to understand the mechanics of rapping, but the concept of flow is just not sinking in my head. The idea of flow that I have is that it is the pattern of your rhyme structure that your rap over the beat and the rhyming word has to land on the snare.

Also a second question I have is that I never worked with a producer yet, but one day I hope to if my skills progress as I practice. The question I have for producers is what should rappers or people that aspire to rap know already when they work with you guys. I have read somewhere that some producers were upset because when they worked with some rappers they didn't know how to do certain stuff and they had to end up teaching them some basic stuff. I would like to avoid these pitfalls when I work with a producer. So if you can tell me what are some important rules or information or skills that I should know before working with you guys.
Thanks for your help.

You just put more emotion into it. just like go to Youtube and type in "JodiRockk- Bros To Foes" Flow is just something you know, that comes naturally, and improves over time I guess

Thanks for your help. I understand what your saying about emotion, but take jay-z for example he is always like cool, calm, and unemotional in his records but yet they say he has one of the best flows. Thanks for your help.

Back