Rapper on reality TV = Has-been

Yup. Also Benzino, Lil Scrappy, T.I, and The Game. VH1 is exploiting these guys and girls.

I don't know about T.I.'s family business it's a pretty good show and I don't see any exploiting I do see both parties benefiting
reality TV is the new crack!!
and most times you get paid and not getting played

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

I don't know about T.I.'s family business it's a pretty good show and I don't see any exploiting I do see both parties benefiting
reality TV is the new crack!!
and most times you get paid and not getting played

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Hopefully he can keep it together. I don't know. Those producers have a way of making people look bad.

More steady money in TV/movies than rapping. Of course, its a difference b/w T I or Game and has been cats. Shit if u could get a million on top of yo music money, u wouldn't do it?

I think they were all "done" in music before hopping to reality. That includes Jim jones, Joe budden, Consequence, ect. as well.

If anything, it's good they knew they needed to transition to something else to keep up their lifestyles and did. I see it as hustle.

What's sad is the thirsty "aspiring" artists who try to introduce their music to the world thru these platforms.

The one that bugs me is K. Michelle. I remember submitting her stuff back in the days not based on the idea she was "on" or "going to do big things", but just on how great her talent for writing and vocals were. I think showing herself as a "character" on TV has tainted her image and effected the demographic that would have embraced her music. Same time, it's because of that platform her music is now being heard, so i guess it's a double edge sword.

As for others(Somaya Reese, Carlie Redd, Joseline, Rasheeda...who was kinda "on" at one time, but not worldwide)I could be wrong, but I think their music is so horrible they never had a chance either way. All just my opinion...and yeah, my wife watches so i catch all this stuff. Lol.

Last edited:
I think they were all "done" in music before hopping to reality. That includes Jim jones, Joe budden, Consequence, ect. as well.

If anything, it's good they knew they needed to transition to something else to keep up their lifestyles and did. I see it as hustle.

What's sad is the thirsty "aspiring" artists who try to introduce their music to the world thru these platforms.

The one that bugs me is K. Michelle. I remember submitting her stuff back in the days not based on the idea she was "on" or "going to do big things", but just on how great her talent for writing and vocals were. I think showing herself as a "character" on TV has tainted her image and effected the demographic that would have embraced her music. Same time, it's because of that platform her music is now being heard, so i guess it's a double edge sword.

As for others(Somaya Reese, Carlie Redd, Joseline, Rasheeda...who was kinda "on" at one time, but not worldwide)I could be wrong, but I think their music is so horrible they never had a chance either way. All just my opinion...and yeah, my wife watches so i catch all this stuff. Lol.

exactly the reason I know about it

@Desires Inspires yes they edit the footage to get the most action and/or ghetto-craziness out of it
the fighting,the pushing

but on T.I.'s show I never saw any of that
but I don't watch the show my wife does so..

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

^^^T.I.'s show is more family oriented. T.I. actually acts like he has some sense in front of the camera. I'm sure they spend alot of time editing out craziness to make his show more prestigious.

I think he was "done" after those 2 back to back jail bids. He just couldn't keep momentum. Had some decent music since then, just not able to keep fans attention for some reason.

Yup. Also Benzino, Lil Scrappy, T.I, and The Game. VH1 is exploiting these guys and girls.

They may not be as popular as they use to be but that don't make them a has been.... Game can still sell records with a lot of features and ti last album did 130+ k ... Those numbers aren't too shabby

Only rappers like tip and game have the ability to make themselves look good with the ep credits, the others like scrappy, benzino, budden, jones, etc...have to act proper 100% of the time, and with reality tv that's almost impossible cause they twist shit around, edit it, etc...only budden and maybe jim, from what I've seen has had some actual sense...any rappers who put themselves on reality tv gotta know that everything won't be on the up and up

Back