Rakim Vs Big Daddy Kane

Who is better?

• Total voters

901_Rice_Street

Rice AKA Clyde Drexler

TO me....Rakim had a destined flow even back then. A flow that would never get old. Rakim's flow was like it was meant to be here forever. Kanes flow was like a "right now" type of flow back then. I liked Big Daddy Kane....wasn't really a big fan of his...I was a fan though. I think it's the fact that everybody was biting Big Daddy Kane and it got corny quick with me. So all I heard in the street and on tapes and on videos was some Big Daddy Kane shit. But Rakim wanna bes could never sound close to Rakim.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Nice post. :cheers:It a serious debate. Kane was ahead of his time in terms of his flow. Rakim was hitting u with a cleaver flow with a little conscious substance. I got Ra, but Kane like Dominique

Rakim had this quiet dude beside him at all times like "STFU AND LISTEN TO THE LYRICS"....never moved his lips, never said a word.....that look. You look at Ra then you notice Eric B's stare....then you end up listening to the lyrics and they get personal on you like "PAY ATTENTION MFER!!". It wasn't fair....like good cop, bad cop. Even when listening to the tape.....Eric B is staring at you as soon as you not paying attention.

Last edited:
Rakim had this quiet dude beside him at all times like "STFU AND LISTEN TO THE LYRICS"....never moved his lips, never said a word.....that look. You look at Ra then you notice Eric B's stare....then you end up listening to the lyrics and they get personal on you like "PAY ATTENTION MFER!!". It wasn't fair....like good cop, bad cop. Even when listening to the tape.....Eric B is staring at you as soon as you not paying attention.
LMAO, Rakim was Farrakhan and Eric B was always in full FOI mode.

Come on Rice! How you gonna put up Ra's Juice (know the ledge) and BDK's raw? Those track aren't even from the same year.
Here you go:

Both off of the Juice soundtrack.

And my Vote goes to BDK all day. Rakim is my man but I feel he just ain't the same without Eric B. And I'm sure everybody know that it was suppose to be Eric B. and Freddy Foxxx. Everybod in the hood thought Freddy was the best but when Eric B. came looking he couldn't be found. So Eric B asked who was the next best and the rest is history.

^^^^^^:cheers: Because it would've been an easy slaughter. Tried to even it out.

That's the BDK I liked right there. That's the one that could probably hang with Ra. Slow his ass down. He played out too quick to me back then. His style was the sound of New Jack Swing rappers.

It fit perfect.

Then LL said......

What was I suppose to do.....I ain't taking no chances with that crazy MFer. Momma told him......

Last edited:
Rakim all day... BDK is great. But Rakim had that new flavour he brought... Never been quite the same since Eric B and him split, but he's still a superb rapper. Well both are, but on personal taste, Rakim.

His style didn't have to change with the music.

BDK......style got raped. It got Harlem Shaked. People didn't even know they were using his style just because some other dude was eating people asses up with it. That shows his greatness. But man....nobody was messin with

World wide street classic right there.

The only thing Rakim got on Kool G Rap is the voice. That comfort on a beat. Skills....Kool G Rap all day. Big Daddy Kane is style that dude, though. Everybody was using his style. He couldn't even claim it no more.

Last edited:
Kool G Rap? well, technicaly, its not possible so I go with RAKIM.. I'l elaberate later

Back