R Kelly --> Multi-instrumentalist?

I heard that after he got his first record deal, he virtually locked himself away for a while and learned every instrument he could, oh and that he took music theory class(es) too. Don't know if its true though.

What about Dr. Dre? Does he engingeer and/or mix his stuff as well as produce?

Joshua

YoungHové said:

Understatement of the year!!!:D

This is the remix to ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen.

lol...yeah, i imagine how long that took him to write.

his songs are aiight still...but uh, if there's anybody near to that perfection in terms of modern-day instrumentalists and whatnot...then i'd take my pick w/ d'angelo or raphael saaqiq

they might not sell as good as r.kells..but they got the ear for music.

and i fully agree w/ seco's post...that pied piper name was just a setup for the child molesting case..the ultimate way for publicity

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm gonna sound like a hater. I used to like R-kells when he was in Public announcement. The CD after that was ok. "Feels like you ready" is a bone anthem. hehe. But almost everything after that seems like its straight cheese. I don't mind cheese in my subway cold cut trio. But to cast him as a modern day musical genius... that cheese is hard to swallow.

He produced "Heaven's girl" on the Quincy Jones Jooks joint CD and that was the best I've ever heard from him. One of my favorite songs.

If he does play all his own intruments that's great. good for him hehe. Raphael Sadiq, D'angelo, Babyface, Teddy Riley...actual genius. Hell. I've heard some stuff from some of you dudes here on FP that I like wayyyyy better than Rkells recent stuff.

Sa'll good though. To each their own. He's better than average... but not the end all be all... to me.

<mode=hater rant=off>

Get Industry sounding beats made by a Professional Producer Today. Building a relationship with a producer who care's about their artist. In this day of age we understand the importance of having a to go producer. All of our hip hop instrumentals download our royalty free and can be used to sell up to 2,500 copies.. Our main goal here at cronicbeats.net is to give our clients industry ready sounding beats. Also if you have any questions, feel free to visit custom beats to hear what artists say about us!

Back