R Kelly --> Multi-instrumentalist?

B. Lynce

Aight, i'll say without a care in the world that R. Kelly is my modern day idol. I mean damn, he's the only artist to ever make me cry from listening to a record. To me, he's a modern day blues artist taking all his pain and venting onto others through music. I like to learn everything I can about him and the thing I can't get is his title of "multi-instrumentalist". I thought he just played piano and halfway played guitar, but people say its alot more but they can't tell me what. I even heard one kat say he was like prince and played almost everything.......c'mon.....the man is good but not on that level. Do any of ya'll know what instruments he plays?

B. Lynce said:
he's the only artist to ever make me cry from listening to a record
i didn't think he was that bad?

btw, what's this stuff about he not beingn able to read..?

I admit that he has admited that he can't read although he's learning. But it hasn't got in the way of his music though.

role model?

you cried? (what song was this btw? i dont think i've heard it)

R. Kelly used to be hot, he made hot music...

Now he makes sh!t,

Flutes, spanish guitars, stepping music volumes 1, 2, and 3

He is making some bullish...

Everything before TP2000 which is the ish itself was fire...

I hit mad chicks with his albums playing in the car, and bedroom,

He is on some bullish, I know this chick who used to intern for 107. 5 in chicago the radio station, I mean

She knows dude, he made a guest appearence at a club she promoted a party for, dude made like $15, 000 off of one 10 minute appearence at a club after a concert he got paid to do as well.

She sexxed dude up as well, she is a celebrity HOE

She said dude is always up on his piano playing music, making songs, his work ethic and process is fierce...

I know he plays piano and guitar, I dont know nothing else, hell of a song-writer but his ish can be corny

No one else can duplicate him, look at Avant, the dude is mad corny

Who in the fcuks cries listening to his music??? If you do thats cool, just never heard that ish before

What song made you cry, just curious...

But is he a modern-day Stevie Wonder in my opinion, as far as his producing, song-writing, instrumentalist skills,...He is no stevie Wondern as far as direct comparison, but he is our modern-day musical genius...and hes a pisspot

All I can say is his new joint called "You Saved Me" or whatever is probably the best I've heard from the Pied Piper in a LONG TIME.

You cannot hate on this song. Hell no. This man was the epitome of R&B before R&B turned to shyt and mutated into....

Hip hop.

Although ironically R. Kelly is to blame for some of that as well.

I feel what ya'll sayin, but to say his music is goin to shyte.....it might to your ears but it's just going through another change. He's an basically an old man now......and you kno from when you were a kid what your grandfather would do and think he was dancin...he would step, lol. His club and sex songs have gone down hell with all his afterparty and hotel talk, but think about it; the man is tryin to move away from all that in light of his little scandal right now, and the fact that he has a sex addiction when he has a wife and kids. Ever since he came out on that Kirk Franklin special and said, "hey, i'm goin to make more religious music and less secular" that's what he has done. Hasn't gotten worse....it's just changed....but maybe not changed to you liking.

"I wish" made me cry...but i think it was due more to the fact that I could already relate to the song although i was young at the time. His others, I can just feel the pain that has been through his life just because he so expressive. That was really the point I was trying to get across, and alot of artist lack that nowadays. No doubt they can sing, but they're missing those rims on a brand car...Looks good, just needs one more thing to it.

In my own opinion.......he turned to hip hop because he's does what a smart artist should...give the A&R and fans what they want. He's always been rhythm heavy, now it just comes in the form of hip-hop.

Last edited:
DS said:
role model?

There's a good side and bad to all. I'm not sayin that he is a role model (although his music is), but if one were to see him that way, take the drive one must have to overcome such a flaw and rise to his stature

I feel what you saying...Mane

Good posts mane...I see your point of view...

He is truly a musical genius, I just feel hes not what he used to be, song-writing wise...

But still a great talent, nonetheless...

OsamaPigLatin said:
All I can say is his new joint called "You Saved Me" or whatever is probably the best I've heard from the Pied Piper in a LONG TIME.

Poor Kell, Why would a man on trial for child molestation call himself the Pied Piper...I guess he just looked at the pictures because he was unable to read the story... THAT WAS STUPID but I guess it fits him.

realpiedpiper.jpg

^^^^^

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!:cry:

Had he the ability to read, he definatley wouldn't have gave himself that title:D

Back