R&B Original - Feedback needed and will be returned!!!! :)

Hey xMeL1SsAx,

wow you really got me with this guitar intro.
Wait a minute, right now the piano comes in ... Wow.
Amazing sound. Tremendous!
How did you do that?
Did you record them in a studio?

Wow I don't even need to say anything about your melody.
It is ... beautiful. I take my hat off.

Your drums are rhythmically very very good.
They might could use some equalizing to make the kicks bump more and to make the snare more pop.
But I'm easily willing to forget about that since you amaze me with this melody.
So heartfelt.
Do you intend to sing on this track?
I would love to hear soem vocals on them.

Wow, great great great job you did there.
This piano ... wow!
Amazing!

-TheBeatsmyth

nice r&B for ur first attempt. what you should do in my opinion, is slap a eq on the piano and bring down some of that low piano notes, and add a lil reverb plate, not too much just a taste to get a distinctive room appearance of the piano, good beat.

I was wondering what it was missing...just a touch of reverb and it would send it to another level. the melody is compelling, it draws you in, the beat is nice but the kick to me is a little too soft. love the track though!

Mic Status - MrJSiQ - KaL1 'Cali' - Hometown produced by MrJSiQ

@TheBeatsmyth - thaaaank you!!! :) don't give me too much credit tho.. even tho i put it together, the drums and guitar were VSTs.. only the keys were original.. and no i didn't record it in a studio lol... all iv got at home is my yamaha, laptop and a set of rather ordinary headphones - hence the lack of good mixing.. as for your advice regarding the drums, im still learning pro-tools and did absolutely nothing to change it so yer.. there is plenty of room for improvement.. and lastly - no.. i dont sing.. for good reason lol.. id love to hear vocals on it, but not from me.. :) tks heaps for your feedback.. now u got 3 subscribers :)

@MrJSIQ - thanks for the feedback.. im still learning all the basic functions lol... i'll try and apply these to my next attempt :).. check ur inbox for feedback :)

@itzdlo - tks :)... doing it now

Goodness gracious!
If you've never managed to move people so much with your music, that they automatically closed their eyes and drifted away in a bliss-like feel, you've definitely managed now.
All I can say is wow.. so much bliss-feel over this track, amazing composition as it's an original piece. What a production!
Keep up the good work!

beat is real good nice and laid back my type of beat. If I had to offer constructive criticism it would be to make your drums thump more and add some more ear candy ya know? dress the beat up some more

Very Nice Mel! You did better than I did on my 1st beat! Great piano feel real warm! Check this guy out you might really like his style Brian Culbertson. Let me know what you think dude has great feel!

The beat is dope. I like the piano, real nice progression. I also like what you did with the chorus, its very well put together.
The only thing I would criticize is the mixing.

I found that the percs/drum pattern are too loud. The shakers should be turned down and be made more backgroundy and the snares need to come out more. SO turn them up a bit and add a reverb and you'll get a nice RnB sound from them. The kicks also need to be turned up a bit.
Once thats done, I think the piano will be fine if you turn down the percs. Alternatively you can jsut turn up the piano and definitely turn up the chorus witht he strings and what not. I find it too faint...
In anycase, like I said, good beat, just needs a bit of work mixing wise! Keep it up! Theres some real potential there!

Otherwise, make sure you check out my track and drop some feedback though. I'd really appreciate it!
[MSP] Santa Sallet ft. Goo$e - I Got That [MSP]

this is good. Too much melody if you were going to add a singer but as an instrumental its really good

Sorry can you just copy paste the link here because he has a little probleme with the previous link :) :

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/loud-dream-make-some-****ing-noise-dubstep-prod-100%25-feed4feed-393392/

@Tracy - check ur inbox :)

@Extraordinary muzik - done :)

@Xabtion - I agree.. didnt really have vocals in mind when i was doing it... thats probably why i went a lil crazy lol

@louddream - done

@HDP - thanks.. checking out ur stuff now

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

@quicke - also done :) tks

---------- Post added 02-05-2012 at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-30-2012 at 11:44 AM ----------

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a big personal thank you to all those who commented on this thread.. i had a listen to my music today with a GOOD pair of headphones, and want to thank everyone for being so polite with their comments lol..

no need to reply.. just FYI - Thanks xxx

Honestly I couldn't tell this was your first attempt, it sounds damn good. Only thing I would work on for this track specifically is the mix, it's actually pretty good but just sounds dry IMO. But besides that this is real nice, it's chill, everything comes together nicely with no clashes & the piano melody is dope. The pizzicato gives it that almost extra sad (if that makes sense) feeling. Been checkin your videos on youtube & love that you play it live & diggin' your covers, had to give a sub....Overall nice work.
Would appreciate some FEEDBACK

Honestly I couldn't tell this was your first attempt, it sounds damn good. Only thing I would work on for this track specifically is the mix, it's actually pretty good but just sounds dry IMO. But besides that this is real nice, it's chill, everything comes together nicely with no clashes & the piano melody is dope. The pizzicato gives it that almost extra sad (if that makes sense) feeling. Been checkin your videos on youtube & love that you play it live & diggin' your covers, had to give a sub....Overall nice work.
Would appreciate some FEEDBACK

lol thank you for being so kind :P but they were all loops though... i just provided the keys.. and there were actually a lot of clashes in there that i didnt bother to fix lol... but thanks for checking out my pg and the sub.. :) i only plan on getting better :) ur stuff on the other hand.. amazing!!!

Back