Quick Noob Question from a noob

Tendril

So i finished a track and i'd like to post it. buut i kinda made a little mistake. for mastering i tried LANDR (just to see how the quality is) and people say i should leave some space at the beginning and the end - which i did. but after the track finished mastering, those seconds were still in there.

so my question is: if i put my mastered track in ableton and cut those few seconds of silence out and export the file, do i have to re master it or should it be the same quality as before?

cheers and thanks for the answers :)

Should be same quality if you export with the same settings :)

Ps. Landr is pretty crap mastering service because they use the same "techinque" to every song. So I would recommend trying to learn some mastering by yourself or use real people. You can get pretty cheap mastering service from real people, like 20$.

yeah i know it aint great, i just tried that one free option? but good to know it shouldnt deminish the quality :D

would you know any peeps that do good mastering services? i dont kow anybody in my area

If you get a chance to upload the before and after i would be interested to hear how good or bad the LANDR software is. I know its not great but im just curious to hear it.

yeah i know it aint great, i just tried that one free option? but good to know it shouldnt deminish the quality :D

would you know any peeps that do good mastering services? i dont kow anybody in my area

I run a cheap mixing/mastering service. I could do 1 or 2 tracks for free to see how they compare to what you get from LANDR.

For mastering services, take a look at the airgigs site. Personally, I can recommend Loz Grover - very nice guy, has worked with some big names (Aphex Twin, BoC, 808 State), competitive pricing ($35 for a track).

I run a cheap mixing/mastering service. I could do 1 or 2 tracks for free to see how they compare to what you get from LANDR.

That sounds like a neat idea to me! If youre seriousabout this, hit me up sometime :)

And thanks alot ponkapog, i checked him out, sounds really good to me, i'll be sure to add him in my files for future reference for as soon as my production quality goes up a notch or two ;)

Back