Question for Maschine Owners about Recording and Routing Audio?

jbkrule

So I'm planning on buying the Maschine within the next week :berzerk:. However, I have a question before I do make the purchase. I realize that the Maschine on its own can do a lot but is not necessary a full-fledged DAW. Since I already have FL Studio, this is fine but I also heard that Maschine isn't great at organizing parts.

What I would like to know and learn is whether I can route the audio from the Maschine to FL Studio and then record the audio tracks into different FL Studio tracks while changing patterns and scenes in a live mode. For example, say I wanted to mute the drums or just a kick and snare for a single beat to add a changeup to the song. Is this possible to record live into FL Studio, or would I have to do the tedious work of making these separate patterns and laying everything out?

If this is not possible, I have one other question: is live performance recording an option in Maschine by itself? Could I record what I perform live? Because I always see youtube videos of people doing live performances of the Maschine and muting and changing patterns, but is it possible to record the audio of these performances in any way?

Thanks for all those who answer, I can't wait to get the Maschine! :cool:

Because I am thinking about getting one as well, I have watched every video I could find on Youtube for the Maschine. I have seen many people doing doing live sets and not much of people using the Maschine as a controller. I have been wondering what the capabilitys are as a controller as well. I just think my Fantom X is a sucky ass complicated way of controlling DAW's. Waitng to hear from mambers as well?

Nope. I already have a Fantom G8, lol. :cheers:

I'm pretty sure you can get rid of it quick on Craigslist if the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
ya u can play it live seen ppl do it and it has its own daw u cna do everything on it efx, automation and all that but u can prolly bus it or something to make it to individual tracks,all i know is u can do it on protools easily

With ableton, I was able to have each group in Maschine go to seperate tracks within ableton. You just had to assign the output from each group to "EXT 2, EXT 3, EXT 4..." and such.

If this is not possible, I have one other question: is live performance recording an option in Maschine by itself? Could I record what I perform live? Because I always see youtube videos of people doing live performances of the Maschine and muting and changing patterns, but is it possible to record the audio of these performances in any way?

No, recording a live performance isn't an option in Maschine by itself. But you could still record whatever you perform live using a DAW like Ableton or Pro Tools.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a feature sometime in the near future though. That would definitely be very useful.

Back