Question Before Purchasing a New Laptop

BlueJonesBCMG

Beat God
Whats up FP? Before i begin i'd like everyone to know i'm NOT A COMPUTER WIZ lol

So right now i'm running FL Studio 10 on Acer Aspire One (Mini). Quick specs are:

CPU: Intel Atom Processor N450 (1.66Ghz, 512KB Cache)
Memory: 1GB Memory

Now i know this isn't a great choice for music production but at the time it was all i could afford. When I run Hypersonic and/or Nexus 2 IT'S HELL on my laptop. So now i'm looking at a HP G7-1310US Laptop. The specs on it are:

Intel Core i3-2350M processor
2.30GHz, 3MB L3 Cache

6GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

640GB hard drive

Now since the numbers on the G7 are higher, i am expecting it to run better, but i don't want to waste money on a new laptop if it won't be able to run Hypersonic & Nexus 2 without lag. So i guess my question is, is it a good upgrade for now & will I need to do any upgrading to the CPU & Memory for the vsts?

I'm also hoping someone sheds some light on this since I'm looking for a laptop I'm trying to get an idea of what specs I should get at the very least

If you guys must go laptop, you gotta max out the specs.

Processor - Intel i7 (i5 will suffice)
Ram - 8Gbs...no exceptions...if if it comes with less, buy more
HD- 500Gb or better. But id store all songs on something external for backup
Optional and recommended.....get something with an upgraded grapphics card...like a NVIDIA which comes with its 1GB of RAM. This way your video wont share your CPU RAM.

Thats about it. I got a Lenovo i5, 8GB z570. It works great for me. But I use Reason 5 primarily. I also use Reaper/Studio One with Komplete 7 for VSTs. No issues so far. But adhere to those specs if you go the laptop route.

Peace

If you guys must go laptop, you gotta max out the specs.

Processor - Intel i7 (i5 will suffice)
Ram - 8Gbs...no exceptions...if if it comes with less, buy more
HD- 500Gb or better. But id store all songs on something external for backup
Optional and recommended.....get something with an upgraded grapphics card...like a NVIDIA which comes with its 1GB of RAM. This way your video wont share your CPU RAM.

Thats about it. I got a Lenovo i5, 8GB z570. It works great for me. But I use Reason 5 primarily. I also use Reaper/Studio One with Komplete 7 for VSTs. No issues so far. But adhere to those specs if you go the laptop route.

Peace

I would be using fl studio with vsts like komplete nexus Hypersonic and omnisphere with about 30 tracks max eouldbyou think your laptop would be able to run something like that I'm trying to save as much money as possible

Back