question about lowering db of an already produced track to meet label's expectation

Reezy

Hey guys recently i made a track and sent to a record label and they are willing to sign the track and they are asking me to send the track as an wav file with peaks -6dB. But i've already made this track with peaks -3dB. so should i simply turn down the master volume of the track and render and send them? is it the right way?

ok so turning down the master output of the audio file is fine? i mean some producers suggests to go back to to the project and turn down volumes of every single mixing channel is best. so i am afraid of killing dynamics:/

You could just reduce the master volume but they could easily do that themselves. Doing just that will not give their engineers the advantages they are seeking to work on your track. The finished result might not sound as good.

Go back to the projct and reduce the level in the master bus with the master bus fader, export the Song again, done. Don't forget to dither.

but this is as same as reducing level of the audio file that i've exported and re render it, right?

Last edited:
Back