Question about gettin software on a student discount...

D

DaKillaB

Is it true that if you get protools on a student discount, you're not supposed to be making money off of it? I was talking to a sales rep from a 3rd party website and thats what she was telling me. I know there isn't really anyway for them to monitor how you use it, but I was curious to see what ya'll knew about all of that...

also, are there any other limits? for instance if I get a new computer, would I be able to register the software to the new computer, etc....

let me know...
thanks

GirlyManly, The guy was specifically asking about student discounts, not how to pirate software. If he's asking about licensing, so obviously he wants to go through legitimate channels. There's a sticky at the top that says "No Sound or Software Piracy."

To the OP: I don't know specifics about Pro Tools. Your best bet would be to contact M-Audio. Also, make sure you buy from an authorized reseller. There are a lot of shady sites out there with too good to be true prices.

good looks on the response,

the site Ima be gettin it from seems like they cool, I guess I'll call protools and see what they say, but I mean at the end of the day they really can't say nothing...

From what I've read the educational version is offered to students and teachers as an incentive to learn and use the program. There are no limitation from what I've seen so far regarding your use of it other then the standard software piracy laws regarding redistribution and sharing. I have had sale people tell me that the educational version cannot be upgraded but Digi's website does not mention this in any way. Hope this helps.

I think it is true that if you are getting protools on student discount then you want be able to making money off of it.Since you have mentioned that some third party told you about this thn why will they lie. Yes of course you would be able to register this software on new computer.

Try Sites like DirectDeals offers the best bargain basement prices for you to buy academic software and at a fraction of their cost, they cater to the needs for Student Software and Educational Software also on offer at our guaranteed cheap discounted prices. To qualify for these absolute bargain prices you must be either a student, teacher, faculty member, or administrator involved with K-12, undergraduate, postgraduate or home-school training

Back