Question about Akai s2000/assigning notes

julzt

Hi, I know this is an old school sampler question re: Akai s2000-but how do you assign samples (kits) from it to an instrument?
*A better way of phrasing what I just asked is - How do you write a program (to an instrument) that will have a different sample on each note?

I'll take any advice-the exact steps would be great, but even where to look for how to do this in the manual or links to websites. Thank you very much in advance-.

Last edited:
Hi Xabiton, thanks for the link- but I already have the manual. Still hoping for the steps info/or a suggestion where in the manual to look for for the steps I need.
-I have read through the manual and didn't see it.

As for putting a sample on each note, go to key range. It has a high and low. Put both the high and low to the note you want. Then set the next one to the next note you want to put it on. If you set the range to more than one note, it will pitch up as you keep playing it.

Then you also can assign this to a keygroup. Then you can have multiple programs going at once by setting the keygroup to separate midi channels.

Back