Quality Over Co-Signs (F4F)

M

M.W.P.

Yo FP.

Check this new track I dropped with Los Angeles rapper "Leatherface" aka "Howard Hughes".

I hope you'll give it a listen and all feedback will of course be returned.

Yo, even though this is some cool, oldschool, underground hip hop type stuff, I think the drums to be more present. I think itd sound hot if you kept those drums and added some more present drums over them. The rapper is dope but that "quality over co-signs" sounds kind of off tempo. The rapper is good but needs something more to distinguish himself. I like the oldschool feel and the melody works. Just some more present/clearer drums. Solid track.

My latest: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck/rick-ross-drake-type-hyped-up-beat-468576/

Thanks for the feedback. I personally love low drums, to give more focus to the rapper. It's all on purpose. Don't wanna sound like everyone else.

I left you some feed.

This is solid, very nicely mixed. Loving the moody, smokey sound.

Again, like the dude above said, that "quality over co-signs" vocal sort've throws the ear. It just sounds a lot more manufactured than the lead vocal itself; almost as though it's a sample. I really dig the lead vocal though, meshes perfectly with your track. Sick work.

Any crit in return would be ace.

Definitely would add some more drums.Sounds like the other drums were from the sample?I love the sample,just would like more punch in that.Dope lyrics for the artist as well.Good job though.

The drums are from the sample. Just EQ'ed. No need to layer drums, if they're dope in the beginnin'.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I returned the favor.

The drums are from the sample. Just EQ'ed. No need to layer drums, if they're dope in the beginnin'.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I returned the favor.

Hmmm...I dont agree with that. I cant think of any song that uses the original sample's drums. But do you man!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback fellas!

Well, almost all of J Dilla's Donuts are the original drums from the samples. Same with most of Roc Marciano's production.

Greetings.

Nice track and nice song. like the old feel to it, it kind of reminds me of traveling back to the 90s. The hook's sample sounds a little off, but then it doesn't. I like the drums and the lo-fi feel they have to them. Sure they could have more thickness, but as always, feel over tradition. The rapper was nice. Nice job here.

Please return the feedback: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...|-soaring-roris-loops-ideas-etc-|-f4f-468970/

- TTT

Dope track.
I like the drums being secondary. I think they could use a tad more treble or presence tho.
Great song and the rapper did a good job complimenting the track.
Great work :cheers:

Thank you people! I really appreciate all the positive comments. I returned the feed. PEACE

Quality beat and quality rhymes. My only problem is the lack of a download link. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Back