put up my mpc 3000 for sale on craigslist and...

TheCreator

Ive had a few offers on it and one is an asr-10 fully loaded 16mb, 3.51 os, scsi and 8 output expander. Reason I'm selling/trading my 3000 is because I bought a 3000 le mint condition at a good price. Now my 3000 im trading is 3.11 os with internal card reader and is in great condition except for soft key 1 which is a bit wobbly and I have seen what asr-10's go up for and it doesnt compare in value. Does anyone think I should ask him to throw in some an extra piece of gear or something to bring the value up to my mpc? Or should I just sell it and buy another piece of gear? One thing that got me interested was the mpc/asr combo cause I know the asr was more sampler then it was sequencer. Any help on this is appreciated thanks in advance.

Id def try to get more gear or cash for the combo. Honestly, if it all comes down to it you can still sample in the mpc or just get another sampler. you dont have a NEED for the ASR per say. the 3k as a sequencer with any sampler will give you pretty thorough results.

K thx alot just wanted to make sure I know my 3000 is worth a lot. sampler wise wats a good sampler that goes well with the 3000? If anything I'll probably sell it and get a nice pair of studio monitors (been using just decent headphones but it works :P) but I do like the idea of a dedicated sampler with a lot of unique features like kurzweil or asr-10.

K thx alot just wanted to make sure I know my 3000 is worth a lot. sampler wise wats a good sampler that goes well with the 3000? If anything I'll probably sell it and get a nice pair of studio monitors (been using just decent headphones but it works :P) but I do like the idea of a dedicated sampler with a lot of unique features like kurzweil or asr-10.
you want a forreal sampler or just something to chop loops in? The Asr10/EPS series is actually a great combo with any mpc. I use a Mpc 2000 with an EPS classic

ya more like just a sick sampler, chopping loops isnt biggest concern and im sure over a while doing it by ear really trains you pretty well for chopping sounds. Having a keyboard for playing samples must feel more natural then banging pads lol. But ya I read ensoniq has pretty dope samplers and they go for cheap. Any more info you can give on good samplers would be nice thx for the responses btw.

ya was thinking the same thanks a lot for your help man and ya sorry another question is there anything else thats as good as ensoniq or wat? I read kurzweil is good but that ish is expensive?

The Kurzweil K2000 with V.A.S.T. is amazing. I think it supports 64 megs of ram, and if you learn the vast system you can do amazing things with your samples.

ill see which one comes around first. Thanks for the replies tho im going to go read up more on the kurzweil and asr-10. Im sure ill get around to getting both really but stick to one for now ill let you know wat I get in the future thx again!

the kurz is cool but a learning curve id sell the mpc and buy something else if i traded it it would have to be some thing better than just a asr 10

Ya I think a kurz would be further down the road. I emailed him back saying he's going to have to throw in some more gear to match up. I wonder if anyone on fp lives in Montreal and wants to buy an mpc 3000 or trade? :P

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Btw is it worth it to get a machine this old? Or should I look for a newer sampler that competes? If there is any anyone know of any?

I dont think you could go wrong with a new machine either...i mean a new one (in most instances) will do everything the old ones do and more...With that being said...the best samplers i've seen as of late are all software, its amazing what u can do to a sample on a CPU these days....

Back