Ps4

901_Rice_Street

Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
Like I said, the gaming industry is going to change the way we use the internet and the old way will be out the door. It's something that we all as musicians better be the first to jump on. Plenty of ways to hustle using it. Especially if developers of Ableton Live, FL Studio, and Reason jump on this outstanding opportunity. Get your websites ready, and get prepared for the next wave after this. Because all of that other stuff is about to be done! consumers will be way ahead of you and you will look like just a consumer who makes music like other consumers playing with FL STUDIO PS4 version. They will be networking and making music just like you. You won't be able to stand out especially against the guy with no job who will be on his PS4 trying to get the highest FL STUDIO ranking against other jobless crusty mouth MFers. Youtube views? Forget about it. No more money for you, more money for the majors. Better get used to ustream.

Discuss.

Last edited:
damn i need to subcribe and check back.. thats crazy, i dunno man, i missed out on ps3 compltley but im gonna get a ps4 right when that shit drops.. i wanna know more!

I am lost and I saw the PS4 announcement thing on Wendsday. I think its going to be a good system but I am very happy with Xbox right now. I am glad I skipped the PS 3 after owning a PS 1 and a PS 2 I wanted something different and 360 has been great to me these past 4 or 5 years. I am ready to see what microsoft has to show us. How this relates to music though I have no idea. Nobody is going to buy a music making video game on a console anymore. iOS just makes more sense for that since the apps are usually $20 or less as opposed to a $60 game.

I just realized that years before I ever got into production, I was making beats on the PS1 with MTV's Music Generator lol

you could even sample from cd's on that shit

Last edited:
Get ready this Christmas.....yall ain't seen nothing yet.

That video is childs play compared to what you are about to witness this holiday.

I said this a while back. Only a matter of time Sony shut everything down. lol! A lot developers from Xbox and PC are jumping aboard. bwahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

As far as what this means for musicians. It means a new world is about to open up for you with the many possibilities of this system. This is not your ordinary Black Opps type of networking going on. It's developers right now thinking of innovative ways for people to interact through this console that will shut down twiiter and facebook.....the whole got damn internet. Say goodbye to www. in 2015. You will be stranded on an island full of other musicians saying "this is dope...check this out". While some 12 year old is #1 on the popular FL Studio network on the PS4..making the news. This is the google killer. When PS5 comes out...there will be no more www dots.

Something to think about though yall. You have a ragidy ass computer at home and a PS3. You know good and damn well you getting a PS4 even if you have to cut grass this summer.....you ain't studdin no computer. PS4 has 8 gigs of ram (I think).....all kinds of got damn chips in it. No load time. Windows 8 should've been like a gaming console......you know....with the no load times and all.

Last edited:
Problem with Windows is they developed 8 like 4 or 5 years ago... Just testing, debugging and all that geek shit takes so long on such a big system. So I see your point in terms of PS4 taking over or replacing the internet. Not sure if it will happen within the next 3 or 4 years, but I do agree, it will probably happen in the next 10 years. You're definitely seeing some sort of equality thing though, people who are shit at making beats will probably be able to get an iPad in a few years and destroy the music industry... I recommend a lot of you start going back to old methods, that's what will make you stand out. Niches and shit is the only way any of us are going to be successful. We need to brand now before it's too late, and we get known as a music person who makes music with the 10 year olds, on iPad and PS4...

It's like DOOM said...

Yo son, demented when them sent it from the other time,
Before everybody and they mother rhyme,
What a crime - beats is the same way,
Make them wanna hit the streets with the heat for a lame's pay...

Last edited:
it won't really do too much. If any of you bought a computer within the past year you probably already have more power than what the ps4 can offer you. all a ps4 would offer you different is a new medium to get to people

Are you kidding me? How is a ps4 going to outdo www internet for musicians?

Twitter and Facebook are free, and do you really think people will pay 500$ for a console to upload their music?

Facbook = over 1 billion active users. 1/6 of the ****ing world population

vs

Ps3 who reached about 60 - 70 million sales last year.

Speaks for itself.

Last edited:
it won't really do too much. If any of you bought a computer within the past year you probably already have more power than what the ps4 can offer you. all a ps4 would offer you different is a new medium to get to people

Man....people just be talking man. smh.

1. PS4 has no load time. Enough said.

2. PS4 interacts with your phone and tablets.

3. PS4 was built for gaming. You have to build a pretty damn good computer for gaming...which would cost more money.

4. Not saying PS4 is the end of the www. but the beginning of the end. PS4 is not built to kill the internet, just put a big ass dent in it so when PS5 and all the other gaming console developers jump into this new wave of doing things...it's a wrap!

5. Not saying PS4 is made to replace a computer, but saying it will put computers in a place where they have always belong....in schools, at work places, in your studio. The only people who will use a computer for gaming and social networking are people who are extremely dedicated to it.....and females. The last place a guy wants to be is where the gossiping females hang out.......yet....that's what facebook and twitter will be in 3 years.

6. PS4 is open to developers every where now. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Propellerhead.....Imageline.....Steinberg.....beats by Dr.Dre, Rocbattle, FP, YOU, ect. Hell....I think it comes with some kind of mini game developing type of thing with premade gaming templates and stuff...I might be wrong.

Yall will see. And I will once again be on some "I TOLD YOU SO....NANANY BOO BOOO".

Last edited:
PSN is taking over the net? PSN is down too often to take over the net.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Also the problem with the whole idea of playstation taking over the world is that Sony claims the PS 4 will be mostly about gaming. They do not want to make the same mistakes on the PS4 that they did on the PS 3. I highly highly doubt they will try to take on the PC or iOS. The fact of the matter is that if anything iOS is the future. i devices can be had for as little as $99 they go everywhere with you and everything is compatible. Not everyone is going to buy a $500 PS4 regardless of what it offers. You have your avid PC guys, your casual gamers who are happy playing on their phone, your non gamers who really aren't about to buy a PS4 and your hardcore Ninetendo and Xbox guys. The PS4 will be dope no doubt but its not going to change the world unless it can make bacon.

Idk whats the big ****ing deal its just a playstation nothing will never replace a computer and its power unless they make a bigger computer with more power lol and computers have and will always look and run games better than any console.-2cents

Idk whats the big ****ing deal its just a playstation nothing will never replace a computer and its power unless they make a bigger computer with more power lol and computers have and will always look and run games better than any console.-2cents
computers are way more powerful than console but more people play console that says a lot. I think tablets and phones will take over the computer market in a few years because casual users do not need all of the power available in a computer. Most of my friends don't even touch their computers anymore they do everything from their phone that they would do on a pc.

This ain't about PS4 vs computer. This is about the end of the www .com. Sony is only bringing a powerful network to a gaming world.....that's all.

As far as music in the gaming world..........this is about to become a norm for the average consumer with the PS4 and next gen xbox.

You'll still be connecting dots to make a sound.......an 8 year making music that shits on Skrillex...using his body. It took you 3 days.....it took him 4 minutes. So what's next music wise?

Get ready....all I'm saying. www. wasn't going to be here forever. It's about that time for it to say goodbye.

Last edited:
Man....people just be talking man. smh.

1. PS4 has no load time. Enough said.

2. PS4 interacts with your phone and tablets.

3. PS4 was built for gaming. You have to build a pretty damn good computer for gaming...which would cost more money.

4. Not saying PS4 is the end of the www. but the beginning of the end. PS4 is not built to kill the internet, just put a big ass dent in it so when PS5 and all the other gaming console developers jump into this new wave of doing things...it's a wrap!

5. Not saying PS4 is made to replace a computer, but saying it will put computers in a place where they have always belong....in schools, at work places, in your studio. The only people who will use a computer for gaming and social networking are people who are extremely dedicated to it.....and females. The last place a guy wants to be is where the gossiping females hang out.......yet....that's what facebook and twitter will be in 3 years.

6. PS4 is open to developers every where now. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Propellerhead.....Imageline.....Steinberg.....beats by Dr.Dre, Rocbattle, FP, YOU, ect. Hell....I think it comes with some kind of mini game developing type of thing with premade gaming templates and stuff...I might be wrong.

Yall will see. And I will once again be on some "I TOLD YOU SO....NANANY BOO BOOO".

1. There will be load times. No load time is actually something that's impossible to achieve.

2. Computers connect with phones and tablets in a much better way especially cloud formats

3. It's built for gaming. that narrows down the marketabillity to casual consumers.

4. It won't put a serious dent because of number 3. You don't have as many consumers, plus you already have a machine dedicated (computer) to performing internet functions.

5. no big disagreements there, but tablets and smart phones will play a much larger role in that than a gaming console.

6. How many memorable music applications came about from the ps3 or 360? Let's be real here the next generation of consoles aren't gonna sell as well as the previous one did. So if a music company were to invest it's better to invest in something that will impact the most people possible. I.E. phones and tablets. Let's be truthful we all know more people own smart phones than own a gaming console

They've done a lot of things right.

8 core AMD CPU (powerful enough and WAY cheaper than Intel)

a pimped out AMD 7xxx series GPU (that's what it's based on), which gives you enough of computational power.

shared 8GB DDR5 RAM (the CPU and the GPU have shared access to the RAM - there's no bottleneck between CPU-CPU to RAM-RAM to GPU-GPU to RAM back to CPU (winner!))

an additional chipset for networking (so real background downloading/communication/streaming is gonna be super-smooth) - game assets can be downloaded on the fly; be it whole levels/demos/content, etc...

a seperate chip for MPEG encoding (so all your ustream/youtube/"sharing" games/video conferences, - etc... run separately) - this will let you stream the content over to your mobile device, meaning, you'll be able to play your PS4 game in bed on your tablet, while your PS4 is downstairs in your living room, etc...

HD of your choice

3D playback (games and all kinds of media)

x86 based and easier to program "down to the core" (literally)

----------------------------------------

I haven't heard anything new about the access to the Sony channels, so in order to really release a title FOR the PS4, a commercial title, you'll still have to pay them a 20-30k license fee just to get your title out (NO BUENO!).

If they change THAT, then yeah, you'll see Ableton Live for PS4, sure and a lot of other cool software/applications, but otherwise, yeah, this is gonna be a dope console.

And because it's AMD based, this is gonna be probably even cheaper than the PS3 when it was first released (2007).

----------------------------------------

Most game titles are produced with the consoles in mind first. There are not many PC-exclusive titles, but that's because of Microsoft (they want to cover all bases).

Now, things have changed dramatically over the last couple of years, because these days, you can get a FREE non-commercial license and simply download the newest CryEngine 3 and the UDK3 (Unreal Engine 3) and create your own games for PC/Xbox/PS3/iOS/Android.

CryTek wants 20% of your revenue once you go pro and Unreal asks you for 25% once you hit 50k.
:cool::cool::cool:

I mean, WHAT MORE CAN YOU WISH FOR??????? THEY ARE SHOVING IT DOWN YOUR THROAT, FOR FREE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^there you have it. PLUS THIS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Facebook............the game. Bye bye www .com.

Last edited:
@rice, i'd rather be more concerned and focus on mobile taking over desktop/laptop/games than mess around with a games console. they can try all they want but sony will mess up with the $800 price tag they put on their system, just like they did with ps3. nobody wants to go home and go on a ps3 just to go on facebook. mobile is they way forward and has already began to overtake every other format

Mobile devices to overtake desktop PCs as dominant global internet platform next year

Yeah let me play World of Warcraft anywhere, even in the subway and I will have to go to rehab for compulsive addiction...
(nah I don't play those games anymore, I got into music just to avoid them lol...)

But yeah, the future is gaming on the go... Just need to wait till data plans get reaaallly cheap, 5g and better tablets... and it's going down.

Back