Proposed New Akai MPC Model Survey (Academic Project)

Hello Everybody:

My name is Thom and I'm an Entertainment Business Management graduate student at Full Sail University. For a class project, I am currently working on a presentation for a proposed artist-associated product. It's for a customizable sampling workstation that would be a part of the MPC series of sampling workstations.

Your assistance by taking the included survey would be most helpful and greatly appreciated. The survey is just 10 brief questions, most of which are "yes/no" questions.

Thanks in advance,

Thom J. Woodward
Eight Quarter Media & Entertainment
graduate student, Full Sail University

Proposed New Akai MPC Model (Academic Project)​

1. Have you ever purchased or used any model of Akai's MPC line of sampling music production centers?

Yes
No

2. If "Yes," which model(s).

3. How would you rate your experience?

N/A - Negative - Somewhat Negative - Somewhat Positive - Positive

4. Have you ever purchased or used sampling music production centers manufactured by companies other than Akai?

Yes
No

5. If "Yes," which make and model?

6. How would you rate your experience?

Roland SP Series
Roland MV Series
Korg Electribe Series
Ensoniq ASR Series
Other Sampling Workstation

7. Have you ever considered cosmetically customizing a workstation or keyboard that you owned or used?

Yes
No

8. Have you ever purchased a workstation or keyboard that was already cosmetically customized?

Yes
No

9. Are your purchases of workstations or keyboards ever influenced by celebrity artists or producers who use the same gear?

Yes
No

10. How interested would you be in an MPC workstation that already includes some preset samples but retains user sampling functionality?

Not Interested - Somewhat Interested - Interested - Very Interested

Last edited:
Why not post the survey here and let us reply in the thread? If it was a good survey it may even get a sticky by one of the mods.

1. Yes
2. MPC 2000xl, MPC 2500
3. Positive
4. Yes
5. Roland SP808, Electribe S, Yamaha SU-700
6. Somewhat positive
7. Yes
8. No
9. No
10. Not interested

1. yes.
2. mpc 2000xl and mpc 1000.
3. somewhat positive.
4. yes.
5. roland sp-303 and roland sp-404.
6. positive
7. yes.
8. no.
9. no.
10. not interested.

Those sound like Akai customer service questions from a warranty registration card.

That's kind of the idea (almost). The questions are for market research for a fictitious MPC model that I'm proposing as part of my "Product & Artist Management" final project. I have to put together a "pitch" to investors for an "artist-related product." For thew purpose of the project, I am the product manager. I assure you, I don't work for Akai. This survey is purely for academic purposes. And your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for looking. :-)

Those sound like Akai customer service questions from a warranty registration card.

Last edited:
Hello Everybody:

My name is Thom and I'm an Entertainment Business Management graduate student at Full Sail University. For a class project, I am currently working on a presentation for a proposed artist-associated product. It's for a customizable sampling workstation that would be a part of the MPC series of sampling workstations.

Your assistance by taking the included survey would be most helpful and greatly appreciated. The survey is just 10 brief questions, most of which are "yes/no" questions.

Thanks in advance,

Thom J. Woodward
Eight Quarter Media & Entertainment
graduate student, Full Sail University

Proposed New Akai MPC Model (Academic Project)​

1. Have you ever purchased or used any model of Akai's MPC line of sampling music production centers?

Yes
No

2. If "Yes," which model(s).

3. How would you rate your experience?

4. Have you ever purchased or used sampling music production centers manufactured by companies other than Akai?

Yes
No

5. If "Yes," which make and model?

6. How would you rate your experience?

Roland SP Series
Roland MV Series
Korg Electribe Series
Ensoniq ASR Series
Other Sampling Workstation

7. Have you ever considered cosmetically customizing a workstation or keyboard that you owned or used?

Yes
No

8. Have you ever purchased a workstation or keyboard that was already cosmetically customized?

Yes
No

9. Are your purchases of workstations or keyboards ever influenced by celebrity artists or producers who use the same gear?

Yes
No

10. How interested would you be in an MPC workstation that already includes some preset samples but retains user sampling functionality?

Not Interested - Somewhat Interested - Interested - Very Interested

1 - Yes
2 - MPC 1000/2500
3 - Positive
4 - Yes
5 - MV8000, SP505, & the SP404
6 - Somewhat positive
7 - Yes
8 - No
9 - No
10 - Interested

Back