Professional Studio Design.

not so many studios opening nowadays... I must say, shutting its heavy doors is the main order now! But acoustics engineering yeah... it's a good choice... maybe!

I was wondering the same thing. I understand that a lot of recording is now done via remote collaboration but I still wonder if the 'old school' way of actually recording music in person will see a re-surge in the future. I guess there will always be some nostalgia but maybe just the pure economics will prevent it.

I was wondering the same thing. I understand that a lot of recording is now done via remote collaboration but I still wonder if the 'old school' way of actually recording music in person will see a re-surge in the future. I guess there will always be some nostalgia but maybe just the pure economics will prevent it.

I don't think "recording in person" has gone anywhere, but recording in commercial studios has. It's just too easy and inexpensive (compared to renting a big-ass studio for a few weeks) to grab a laptop & interface and some mics and record wherever you like these days. Not that the need for great engineers and/or acoustic spaces has gone anywhere, but I guess most people feel they can get at least a passable job done by themselves...

Experience & Know How, High End Gear, Acoustics, Professional Sounding and Results... these will be possible with some variables melted together... Yes, you may have average results with low end gear and mediocre acoustics, as also with no experience producer and sound engineer on your back, but you'll never have the results which can be expected with those three essential keys on professional studios! W e see so many bs sounding artists and producers out there... If I was an artists or have a band, I would think on my priorities first towards the sound which we are going to be on the street instead of spending some money on high end shoes, dope or alcohol... but that's just me... maybe the love for music is making me crazy!

Back