Professional producer.. But new to Djing

chem.ib

Glitch Hoppin..
Whats goin on everyone. I just signed up for these forums for this specific question but this seems like a pretty chill community.. Probably alota chill people to collab wit.. :cool:

Now to the point of this thread...

Ive been producing for 8 years, but im finally gunna start djingsince I have enough of my own original tracks and im ready to start getting my stuff outt there locally. Gunna be spinning mostly glitch hop, electro, dubstep, and all that funky good shit, mixed with some hip hop vocals and etc.. Ill be playing in venues that are pretty well known out in philly like starlight ballroom and electric factory but am on a pretty tight budget because I cant save a dime if my life depended on it..:p

So I was thinking about going with the Behringer DDM4000 since ive heard alot of good reviews on it.. Ill eventually be hooking keyboards, maybe a guitar, and my DAW up to so I could mess with specific VSTs in certain songs (like using a filter in FL and automating it to my mixer or something..)

Id really appreciate some input from some proffesional Djs with a few gigs a week.. Also what type of turntables should I get??

Thanks in advance guys...

PS.If your not feelin up there, check this out : (Cant post it because i dont have 20 posts but its "Rasta Dub" on my soundcloud.) and smoke a blunt with me :pointing:

I'm in the same boat as you Chem...producer looking to get into some DJ decks cause thats the way the entire electronic music scene seems to be headed

MY focus is more on the decks/turnables.

I'm thinking either
Numark Ns6
or
Pioneer DDJ T1
OR
trackor s4

I use ableton and have a APC40, so i was hoping to include it someone, but its not necessary

any help from people with some experience would be great

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the " Behringer DDM4000 " would compare to the Numark NS6 or the Pioneer DDJ T1?

Im stuck between the
vestax pmc-280

and the

[h=1]Behringer DDM4000[/h]
what do you guys think?

Numark-N4.jpg

dude, I actually decided to go with a dj controller and just ordered the DN-mc6000. Im pumped!! Ill eventually maybe get a NDX900 or 2.denon-dnmc6000.jpg

Last edited:
Its difficult to compare a DDM4000 to the T1/NS6/N4 and other USB DJ Controllers. The obvious benefits of a dedicated DJ Controller is the fact you have hands-on jogwheels, and will be laid out in a familiar DJ format. The DDM4000 is great as you can use it as a production tool and map any of the pots/buttons to any feature of your chosen software, but you dont get that 'hands-on' feel for a cheeky spinback or hot-cueing.

I'd look at the Numark Mixtrack Pro (£159) if you are a bit unsure and want to learn the basics. Then look at Pioneer's DDJ Ergo (£429), Numark N4 (£329) and the Denon DNMC 3000/6000 for a bit better build quality and feature list.

I went with the Denon DN-MC6000:cool:.. Djcontroller + standalone mixer. I think ill be happy when it arrives tmrw.. (hopefully..)

ya thats y i'm kinda leanin towards the n4, stand alone mixer, has time code option so u can use turntables with time coded vinyl,

Yeah the N4 is a whooole lot of controller for the price, very good product. The DNMC6000 also has audio inputs for using it as a standalone mixer.

Back