Professional pro tool session files

wreckd

I recently downloaded the pro tools session file for the song "new york new york" by eskimo joe. It was a remix comp, I didn't do much with it but the session file was really interesting to look at how they used layering of certain instruments and to solo each track to really hear what they did on it.

It WAS available here http://www.eskimojoeprotools.com/ but they've taken it down.

NIN are doing something similiar although the session they've released is alot rawer that the eskimo joe one.

It can be found here

http://www.nin.com/access/only/protools/download.asp

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other urls to get session files from? It crazy to see the blue prints to their songs.

yea the nin one was ok, but real raw. The eskimo joe one was 95% of the finished track. I was chatting on another site, and we came to the conclusion they did leave something out, but it was probably sub mixes of guitars or vocals.

I'm re-upping the eskimo joe tracks to sharebee now, should be done in a few hours

Just finished upping the pro tools session file archives for the eskimo joe song new york new york

Part 1

http://sharebee.com/9fafcc48

Part 2

http://sharebee.com/3e017140

Part 3

http://sharebee.com/a021d25a

I know its not hip hop (prog rock i guess), but its really interesting to see what the pro's are doing with their mixs and arrangments.

Last edited:
GOTO YAHOO.com and type in Protools Session Files Download. Im SURE you'll find something. Its that simple. GOD BLESS

JAY WES, the HOTTEST music producer under 21!!!

Lol do you think putting out pro tools session files is as common as putting out mp3's ? I doubt that it is common practice to share the session files with the whole world.

lol jay, i've searched and there aren't any session files of commercial artists out there. Only reason i had that eskimo joe one is through a remix comp, and they took it down within a month. However its now on sharebee which re-uploads and distributes across five or so networks so its always online =D

If anyone finds any others apart from NIN and the EJ track, post em up.

Just heard on the radio that NIN are releasing all the session files for the tracks off their next album, that should be interesting.

Last edited:
The situation on this looks pretty interesting to me given that I'm in the UK and our music industry works on a pretty different level.

According to Roger Nichols, in the States, with every contract the record companies own copyright on the stereo mixdowns of tracks which will later be released commercially. But the original multrack audio files are never released individually so they cannot be copyrighted in this sense. According to Nichols, the record companies are waking up to this and so some reluctantly release the multitrack sessions to solve the copyright problem. In the UK, any creative work instantly becomes copyright and the intellectual property of it's owner no matter how it will later be used and resold.

Something similar happened in Jamaica until only a few years ago. Dub Reggae survived on the fact the the Jamaican government had not ratified the Berne Convention which imposes international copyright law. Therefore artists were able to steal from each other and anyone else for that matter!

Some Digidesign HD installations are bundled with a couple of demo sessions. I have found the original PT session to Christina Aguilera's Genie in a Bottle hanging around on one of my college studio's drives. I realise this won't be everyone's cup of tea. I'm also reluctant to post it because living in the UK, I wouldn't want to face the long legal arm of RCA.

straypixel said:
The situation on this looks pretty interesting to me given that I'm in the UK and our music industry works on a pretty different level.

According to Roger Nichols, in the States, with every contract the record companies own copyright on the stereo mixdowns of tracks which will later be released commercially. But the original multrack audio files are never released individually so they cannot be copyrighted in this sense. According to Nichols, the record companies are waking up to this and so some reluctantly release the multitrack sessions to solve the copyright problem. In the UK, any creative work instantly becomes copyright and the intellectual property of it's owner no matter how it will later be used and resold.

Something similar happened in Jamaica until only a few years ago. Dub Reggae survived on the fact the the Jamaican government had not ratified the Berne Convention which imposes international copyright law. Therefore artists were able to steal from each other and anyone else for that matter!

Some Digidesign HD installations are bundled with a couple of demo sessions. I have found the original PT session to Christina Aguilera's Genie in a Bottle hanging around on one of my college studio's drives. I realise this won't be everyone's cup of tea. I'm also reluctant to post it because living in the UK, I wouldn't want to face the long legal arm of RCA.

They'll never be able to find out who uploaded it, send it here i'll do it!

Afraid you'll have to wait 'til after Easter; I'm not in college 'til then. Will up it though.

What's good for people? RS?

either sharebee or rs is good, can't wait to see the session file.

Last edited:
How many tracks is it? Can you open it with LE/M-Powered or do you need the expansion (or whatever it's called) that lets you have a bigger track limit?

Last time I saw it, it looked to be created on an 888 MIX system, so you shouldn't have any trouble opening it in LE or M. However, it uses some pretty exotic and old plugins which we don't even have on our rig.

Should have uploaded it by this time next week when I'm back in college.

I've not disappeared, folks.

Who would have though moving something from a Mac to a PC would be so difficult? I tried copying the session from the G5 to a FAT32 external drive, but got silly niggly errors about filename lengths. And no - it's a 500gig drive, so I'm not gonna format it to HFS just for this! The studio itself is a bit of a joke - there isn't even a proper CD data burner, we just use iTunes, so I can't copy it by CDR. As it's a school there's no budget left.

Sorry folks - been a bit preoccupied anyway. If I can find some way of transferring this thing, I will.

Back