Producers signing to labels?

JMD_Music

How in the world does that work?? So now they're restricted to only making beats for artists on the label's roster?

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-30-2012 at 10:26 PM ----------

Nobody knows?

anyone? I would love to gain some knowledge on this subject... My current understanding would be the label gets us the producer placements with artists in or outside of the label, and then they would keep a percentage of the royalties, publishing etc.

anyone? I would love to gain some knowledge on this subject... My current understanding would be the label gets us the producer placements with artists in or outside of the label, and then they would keep a percentage of the royalties, publishing etc.

Yea I was thinking the label provides the producer with a free studio and gets him placements. But then I wondered, would the label pay the producer for songs done with a label artist, and if they do pay them, is there a set amount for every song?

I believe that most producers who do sign to a label think mostly short term and not long term. The signing bonus may be so huge that they cant resist at the moment but in fine print it says "for the rest of your life your soul is ours" but idk how it works out but if it is true then..... DONT EVER SIGN TO A LABEL...... EVER (at least thats what a couple of producers told me) maybe make it a last resort or so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back