Problem w/ Reason Rewire & Ableton/Logic

GraySun

When I rewire reason as a sound module in either ableton or logic and have a sample chopped up on a seperate track, when i go to try and trigger my sample chops, the rewire instrument in reason is triggered at the same time. Does any one know how I can get this to stop happening? I want to be able to select my track with my sample chops and trigger them without my rewire instrument overlapping and being triggered at the sametime, even when the rewire track is not selected. I tried changing the midi channel on both tracks and it does not seem to help. This is happening when I rewire reason into ableton using an external instrument track while I have a sample chopped up in a drum rack, and also when I have reason rewired into logic and have a sample chopped up in the exs 24. I am sequencing reason inside of both programs. Answers or suggestions pertaining to one or both programs would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added 01-06-2011 at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-05-2011 at 09:44 PM ----------

Anyone out there? Any feedback would be much appreciated?

I was having the same frustrating problem. Here's what I did to fix it.

In Reason's preferences > Keyboards and Control Surfaces i unchecked "Use with Reason" and that fixed it. I guess there's no reason to have Reason have a midi keyboard sending it anything if it gets signals from Live through Rewire.

Back